+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef: All Stars (premieres Dec. 1) - News & Speculation (**Spoilers**)

Re: Top Chef: All Stars (premieres Dec. 1) - News & Speculation (**Spoilers**)

You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fanatic

Here is my opinion of the Top Chef - All Stars Contestants

Stephen Asprinio; Season one, top five - didn't care for him
    - Tiffani Faison; Season one finalist - didn't care for her
    - Marcel Vigneron; Season two finalist - can't stand him
    - Elia Aboumrad; Season two, final four - she's okay
    - Casey Thompson; Season three finalist and fan favorite (also fan pariah for "helping" Carla in S5's finale) - liked her
    - Dale Levitski; Season three finalist - loved him
    - Tre Wilcox; Season three, top eight - loved him
    - Richard Blais; Season four finalist - loved him more
    - Antonia Lofaso; Season four, final four - she's okay
    - Dale Talde; Season four, top six - loved him
    - Spike Mendelsohn; Season four, top five - liked him
    - Carla Hall; Season five finalist - loved her
    - Fabio Viviani; Season five final four and fan favorite - loved him
    - Jamie Lauren; Season five, top seven - she's okay
    - Jennifer Carroll; Season six, final four - honestly, don't remember her
    - Mike Isabella; Season six, top seven - he's okay
    - Tiffany Derry; Season seven, top five - she's okay
    - Angelo Sosa; Season seven finalist - didn't care for him

Final 2 will probably be Marcel and Tiffany F. (yuck)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Looking forward to the show. They've brought back some of my all-time favorites (Fabio, Carla, Tre, Elia) and some I never wanted to see again (Marcel, Spike, Mike Isabella, Dale Talde)

Drama is a given.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;4115734;
    Looking forward to the show. They've brought back some of my all-time favorites (Fabio, Carla, Tre, Elia) and some I never wanted to see again (Marcel, Spike, Mike Isabella, Dale Talde)

Drama is a given.
    See, that's what I don't really need to see. Marcel, Spike, and Mike Izzy play too much to the cameras, and will try their usual tricks and smile their stupid smiles, but that kind of drama really isn't needed to make this show interesting. The competition itself is what made this show an Emmy-winner, and not scenes where chefs are holding each other down with hair clippers, or lamely trying to sabotage each other.

If we get intense competitions and spirited (but honest) judges table sessions, then it will be great. If we get more staged crap like that awful "reunion dinner" special that Fabio hosted, then I think the show is in trouble.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Going out on a limb to predict that Tiffani F., Angelo S., and Richard B. are F3. Mike I. may sneak in there though.

Dave from Season 1 is my all time favorite. Sad he isnt in it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tousselchick;4116322;
    Dave from Season 1 is my all time favorite. Sad he isnt in it.
    I adore Dave M.

Of all the chefs through all the seasons (seen 'em all), there are a handful whose food I'd go out of my way to try and he is one:

Tiffani, Harold, Dave M - Season 1.

Stephani Izzard - Season 4

Voltaggio Brothers and Kevin Gillespie - Season 6

Next are
    Betty (S1) and Carla (S5)

Then, I'd like to try Richard B's and Marcel's for the inventiveness. They both went very far.

From what I can remember:

- Stephen Asprinio S1 - It's all about wine. Last time he acknowledged his food wasn't that great and he should focus on opening restaurants or something.

- Tiffani Faison S1 - I like her. She was the best of that season and should have won. She went out of the comfort zone lots of times but in the end didn't pay up.

- Marcel Vigneron S2 - I like him because he's cocky and I think it's funny because I can't take him seriously. He has the chops.

- Elia Aboumrad S2 - She's all right. Because of the clippers fiasco she kind of gave up.

- Casey Thompson S3 - Meh. She was very unbalanced through her season. Lots of ups and downs. Lucky girl.

- Dale Levitski S3 - He's fun.

- Tre Wilcox S3 - Meh. Hope third time is the charm.

- Richard Blais S4 - He's all right. He's talented and not afraid to try new things.

- Antonia Lofaso S4 - She's all right.

- Dale Talde S4 - I like him. He was a beast in the kitchen.

- Spike Mendelsohn S4 - Meh. He should has his own cooking show where he doesn't cook and all he does is make funny faces to the camera.

- Carla Hall S5 - I love her. She's talented and such a warm person. She really won me over time on her season.

- Fabio Viviani S5 - Meh. He's another one of those that it's more in love with the camera than the food.

- Jamie Lauren S5 - Meh. Meh. Scallops much!?

- Jennifer Carroll S6 - I like her. She was very good in the kitchen and exhausting (and much better chefs) got the best of her in the end.

- Mike Isabella S6 - Meh. Kind of a douche.

- Tiffany Derry S7 - She's all right.

- Angelo Sosa S7 - I like him. He's very talented and should be a finalist this time too.

Just an FYI but the season premiere is an extra 15 minutes long.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

I read on another site that the 1st elimination tonight is both sad and surprising. I'm thinking Carla or Fabio....since they're both so well liked it would be sad and since they both made it far in their original season, it would be shocking. I hope it's wrong. (or that it's someone else)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast