+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 8/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 8/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Is it my imagination or did the front of the house person design the actual space in the past or am I thinking about some other show? I seem to remember them buying art and tableclothes, etc. Maybe I'm just losing it.

I never really warmed to Kenny- not sad to see him go. Surprisingly I don't mind Angelo- he seems to have toned down his ego lately and flies more under the radar than in the first few episodes. Kenny never missed a chance to tell the camera he was "the beast and the best".

If the still shot of Amanda's beef was 'overcooked', I guess I have been eating overcooked beef a long time! It looked like a good rare to my naked eyes. Maybe they didn't like the flavor or the way it was sliced, but I hardly think that looked overcooked. Again, maybe I'm crazy...

When did Alex become so hated? It must have been after PeaGate because he was kind-of a quiet, unassuming cheftestant until all that happened- now no one seems to like or trust him. Oh well, not a fan myself anyway. Anyone who is that rude to the people serving and being the mouthpiece for your food is not okay in my book.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Wow...kinda of shocked that Kenny went home; however, if they truly just judge on that day's performance, than he probably should have gone home. Personally, I think they should take into account their overall performance. Don't necessarily think they should give a lot of weight to it, but some consideration. With Amanda's beef dish not being the best and her being one of the weaker chefs, I would have sent her home.

In the past, I maybe felt a little sorry for Alex because I thought he was so out of his league. Then the whole pea gate scandal happened, which put further doubt in my mind about him being there. But, then to top it off, he was so rude to the wait staff. I would have loved for Tiffany to say something to him about the poor job he did on the fish. Here's hoping that he goes home next week!!

Wow, Tom C hasn't even posted his blog yet; he is on vacation, but the fans are furious that Kenny got sent home. I like Eric Ripart's comments when he said the restuarent reviewer said that if Kenny's two dishes were inedible they were inedible. That and being the executive chef who sent out 2 inedible dishes is what got him sent home.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4034374;
    Is it my imagination or did the front of the house person design the actual space in the past or am I thinking about some other show? I seem to remember them buying art and tableclothes, etc. Maybe I'm just losing it.

I never really warmed to Kenny- not sad to see him go. Surprisingly I don't mind Angelo- he seems to have toned down his ego lately and flies more under the radar than in the first few episodes. Kenny never missed a chance to tell the camera he was "the beast and the best".

If the still shot of Amanda's beef was 'overcooked', I guess I have been eating overcooked beef a long time! It looked like a good rare to my naked eyes. Maybe they didn't like the flavor or the way it was sliced, but I hardly think that looked overcooked. Again, maybe I'm crazy...

When did Alex become so hated? It must have been after PeaGate because he was kind-of a quiet, unassuming cheftestant until all that happened- now no one seems to like or trust him. Oh well, not a fan myself anyway. Anyone who is that rude to the people serving and being the mouthpiece for your food is not okay in my book.
    No, you're not losing it. In the past, the teams designed their own spaces, sometimes on their own and sometimes with the help of a designer. Usually they divided the teams up so some people went food shopping and some went to pick up dishes, decor etc. for the front of the house. I know in the first season, Dave and Stephen, who were front of the house on their respective teams, did the front of the house shopping and set up the front of the house as well. I remember that, because Dave had things pretty much done by the time Stephen, who fussed over every purchase, even got back.

I hadn't warned to Kenny either, but I honestly haven't really warmed to any of the cheftestants. At this point in a season, I usually have a favorite or two, but I don't find myself caring about any of these chefs. I don't know if it's them or if I'm just not as enthusiastic about the show as I used to be, but none of these people seem to have enough on-camera personality for me to like or dislike them. They're just sort of there. I did notice, however, that Angelo seemed genuinely stunned that Kenny was booted and not altogether happy about it. Maybe he enjoyed the rivalry on some level.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

And I have to wonder if Kenny taking the lead on throwing Alex under the bus wasn't a factor in his going home over Amanda.
    I was shocked to hear him announce that Alex prepared nothing and should be the one to go. Why in the world did he think they would listen to that obviously self-serving and arrogant pronouncement?

If the still shot of Amanda's beef was 'overcooked', I guess I have been eating overcooked beef a long time! It looked like a good rare to my naked eyes. Maybe they didn't like the flavor or the way it was sliced, but I hardly think that looked overcooked.
    It looked OK to me, too. It looked rare to medium-rare. Pastured beef does take less cooking time. Didn't they say it tasted "off?" It takes some palate adjustment to go from grain fed to grass fed beef. It definitely tastes different. Maybe that was a factor?

At any rate, she nailed the sauce. Kenny's dishes had no redeeming qualities. His condemnation of Alex, in my opinion, would have been very off-putting to the judges. I can see where that would have tipped the scale, given that he made 2 unacceptable dishes.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I don't like it when Restaurant Wars turns into an ambush on a frontrunner contestant. In past seasons Tre, Dale and Radhika went home over other equally failing contestants (C.J., Lisa and Leah) the same way. Amanda or Alex could easily have been sacrificed over Kenny this week.

I just can't face the rest of the season with that creep Angelo as the lone Alpha Dog. He really bugs the hell out of me. I would never go to a restaurant of his after seeing how he runs his kitchen.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

What a joke that they kept Amanda, yet let Kenny go. Totally ridiculous!

Top Chef's Facebook page is rightfully exploding with hundreds of criticisms of Kenny's elimination instead of the inept Amanda, many so angry they're no longer going to be watching the show.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkCityGirl;4034511;
    What a joke that they kept Amanda, yet let Kenny go. Totally ridiculous!

Top Chef's Facebook page is rightfully exploding with hundreds of criticisms of Kenny's elimination instead of the inept Amanda, many so angry they're no longer going to be watching the show.

I'm done with the show too. Maybe Kenny deserved to go, but, I don't care. I have no interest in watching the rest of the season.

Something about the way the show has been conducted this season makes me question the judges' assessment of the food. That may sound bizarre, but I think that the production of how they want the show to go is paramount and they contrive facts to fit their agenda. Therefore, I don't even believe their comments about the dishes of meat, cheese and salad. I just don't buy it.

When you look at the the pea-gate inscident and all the other stuff, it causes me to doubt the integrity of the show. I'm done.

Oh, I don't blame Kenny for saying what he said. He knew he was going down after the judges' comments. I'm glad he put the truth out there.

This was Kenny's 4th trip to the bottom, so I'm not surprised that he got ousted. His 2 dishes sucked eggs, and he let other dishes go out that were not great either. The only good dish on that team was Kevin's.

I'm happy that Ed won, and yes Alex is not a good chef, so I've no doubt he'll be gone before long as will Amanda.

I'm not sorry to see "The Beast" go home, he was a legend in his own mind.

This is pretty funny. It's from Bravo's website.

"Oh my God, they've killed Kenny!" Here's the link:

Top Chef, Real Housewives, Inside the Actors Studio, and Other Bravo TV Shows | Bravo TV Official Site

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast