+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 8/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef 8/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in this thread until 1AM ET / 10PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef 8/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Is it just me or does Kelly remind anyone else of Paris from Gilmore Girls?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

OMG! I was just thinking that about Amanda actually, but yeah I can see it with Kelly too.

Some of the contestants are finally growing on me. I do like Kenny despite his cockiness, there's not the same oiliness and pretentiousness that come with Angelo's cockiness. Kenny just believes he's the best. Nothing wrong with that. Ed has also grown on me, as has Steven. Even Amanda is bugging me less, and I like Tiffany. I've always liked Kevin but I fear he's not long for this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4024663;
    Some of the contestants are finally growing on me. I do like Kenny despite his cockiness, there's not the same oiliness and pretentiousness that come with Angelo's cockiness. Kenny just believes he's the best. Nothing wrong with that. Ed has also grown on me, as has Steven. Even Amanda is bugging me less, and I like Tiffany. I've always liked Kevin but I fear he's not long for this competition.
    That about sums it up for me too. (I like "oiliness" to describe Angelo, great word!) Tiffany has become a favorite for me. And I'm glad she's doing so well tonight -- she won the Quickfire, and she got glowing early reviews on her tamales.

I can't wait for Alex to take a hike, peas or no peas. He's not in the same league as the others.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Really like Tiffany as well. I'm 50/50 on Alex stealing Ed's stuff, but am pretty much done with him. Ed and Tiffany have really grown on me and I defaulted to not liking Ed early on. Not sure who he reminds me of to evoke that response, but he is not that guy whoever it was.

And Amanda is bugging me less as well. Not sure if that is good or bad. LOL

Kenny/Angelo, I would really like it if Tiffany takes this thing and those two boys come in second and third.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

LOL

Chef Andreas: "A $10,000 dollar tamale!"

My guess is Ed is safe and it is between Steven and Alex. Please let Alex be gone. Steven is funny at least. LOL

I am bummed Stephen is gone. Alex has said some brilliant things on camera, but he is, in general, skeevy...

I love the idea of a Kelly, Kenny and Tiffany as the final 3. I really don't want Angelo to make it, even though he has the skills.

I think Tiffany goes to the end, because her her hair seems much shorter in her PIs. Kind of like S2 when Ilan and girl whose name I can't remember, shaved their heads and wore hoods/wigs for their PIs.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I can't believe Alex stayed and Stephen is gone. It just doesn't add up. I just don't get the direction the show is going this season...

I'm happy for Tiffany though. I'd like to see her and Kenny in the finals, kind of like Carla and Stefan. Now we just have to figure who will be Hosea, not that I would wish that on any of them...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

From the critiques I figured Steven would be gone. They really hammered him. Rewatching now and have to say many of the quickfire dishes looked great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast