+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 7/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Top Chef 7/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

In his blog, Tom said the judges did not know about it, and were surprised that the producers didn't give them a "heads up" about it. Personally, I think it's odd that they were so ga-ga over pea puree at Judge's Table. Something (in addition to the pea puree) doesn't smell right here.

How ironic that there's a question of ethics popping up in Washington, D.C.

I hope there is a reunion show tvaholic, because that's the only way that we'll get any closure on this. Tom said in his Bravo blog that he and the other judges had no idea about the controversy until they watched the episode, which means that none of the chefs came forward to accuse Alex of wrongdoing for the rest of the season.

There definitely are rules against things like this happening, but if chefs don't alert Tom to it during filming, nothing can be done because the producers probably don't interfere unless it's an extreme case.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Yeah, I wonder if the production crew hid the stuff on purpose and then put a bug in the ears of the judges to comment on the pea puree. It sound outrageous, but you never know.

I was quite angry at the thought that someone would just take credit for another person's work, but then I decided to withhold judgment. Nothing is worse than being accused of something that you didn't do, especially, when it involves matter of integrity. I had 2 car accidents within the last 2 years in which the other drivers lied about what happened. They called me the liar. I was so hurt and could not believe someone could really do that. To lie to a police officer and insurance agent is a big deal, but these ladies did it with ease. Lucky for me, I had a witness back my story on one case and a video tape from the parking garage to back me up on the other!!!! Thank God. LOL I won't call this guy a thief unless it is really proven. I'l have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't watch often, but have the past couple of weeks.
    Fortunately, there were no questionable animals cooked on this episode.
    As far as the pea puree - looks like 79% of those viewers who voted on it felt he did take the pea puree.
    I have no idea, but does Bravo typically leave things hanging like this?
    I would have liked some closure on the incident.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4011776;
    Because of watching in a later time zone, I kept an eye out for clues to the pea puree mystery.
    1. Alex lied about not knowing that the other guy had pea puree. To quote Dr. Phil, "People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing."
    2. There was a quick shot of a pan full of uncooked peas that was shown AFTER Alex was walking around stirring "his" puree. If he started his puree and got it to that point, whose uncooked peas were they?
    I really dislike people who cheat. I think that's what happened here.
    I was thinking the same thing. Those uncooked peas were shown after they showed Angelo preparing his dish.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Pea Gate

Yes, I am very interested in knowing what happened to Ed's puree. With the camera crew, there must have been something spotted that would clear it up - either a shot of it left behind or a shot of Alex making some. I hope they will let us know later!! But, I give the show's producers credit for getting a buzz going about the peas!

Pea Gate

Yes, I am very interested in knowing what happened to Ed's puree. With the camera crew, there must have been something spotted that would clear it up - either a shot of it left behind or a shot of Alex making some. I hope they will let us know later!! But, I give the show's producers credit for getting a buzz going about the peas!

Bravo is the station that can most be relied upon to create buzz.
    Did anyone have any doubt that the White House gatecrashers were not pulling their stunt to secure a place on a Bravo TV show !!??!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Pea Gate Scandal! The alleged perpetrator should be furious to be portrayed as a petty thief / fraud / liar if he isn't guilty!

Maybe there's a blue denim dress with a little green stain that will answer all our questions.

Seriously though, I agree with the sentiment here -- I was annoyed to no end with the editing more than anything else.. why leave Pea Gate (something the contestants were talking about in real time) in the aired show at all, without resolving the question, given the round the clock nature of the filming of the chefs.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;4012551;
    Pea Gate Scandal! The alleged perpetrator should be furious to be portrayed as a petty thief / fraud / liar if he isn't guilty!

Maybe there's a blue denim dress with a little green stain that will answer all our questions.

Seriously though, I agree with the sentiment here -- I was annoyed to no end with the editing more than anything else.. why leave Pea Gate (something the contestants were talking about in real time) in the aired show at all, without resolving the question, given the round the clock nature of the filming of the chefs.
    Good question! Why let the chefs imply things if there wasn't any point to it!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4012591;
    Good question! Why let the chefs imply things if there wasn't any point to it!
    The Bravo board under TOm's blog is a great read ... viewers are up in arms, frankly. Tom's blog doesn't really seem to "get" it either -- Tom was in the kitchen (in the aired footage) while poor Ed is running around looking for his pea puree. It was crappy of the editors to leave this ethical mess in the aired show, without anticipating that viewers would not accept this. How unfair to Alex if he's innocent too, by the way. Perhaps later episodes will somehow right the wrongs, as a matter of contest outcome, if not getting to the bottom of the pea pan, so to speak.

Being a DC person, I checked the Palm menu online and as of yet, Alex's salmon isn't specifically on any of the menus. It's kind of a weird promise by the owner anyway, as the Palm's menu (like Morton's, Oceanaire and similar seafood/steakhouses) offers fresh grilled fish on the menu, without describing preparations such as "applewood smoked" or whatever. I didn't go so far as to eat there today ! Sleuthing has its limits. ( : Anyway, with the pea puree controversy, I wonder whether The Palm will want to get to the bottom of it, before putting it on their menu! Or perhaps it's all a Faux TOP CHEF DC ethical scandal to begin with -- for tv viewing only.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast