+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 7/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef 7/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in this thread until 1AM ET / 10PM PT.

Enjoy the cold entrée war!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Re: Top Chef 7/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I really do not like Kenny. I don't care how great he thinks he is or his wins. Every episode he always has to mention something like he's an "alpha male", that he hopes people will get nervous when they see his dish, or that he's a stud, etc. When it happens that much it can mean only 1 of the following

1. he's in love with himself
    2. thinks he's better than he really is
    3. it's his edit

So when he was on the bottom, I was glad. At first thought it was just a ploy to get him out but then the judges agreed.

so who won and who got sent home? I am just starting to watch, but love the spoilers!

The quickfire with the testicles, etc. is pretty questionable...

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3996749;
    so who won and who got sent home? I am just starting to watch, but love the spoilers!

The quickfire with the testicles, etc. is pretty questionable...
    Kelly won the quickfire and got immunity. And with emu eggs of all things! Kevin won the challenge after.

The first group of players who ate food were SO harsh on the other's food. It couldn't have been that bad. I call liars.

FORT Fan

Man....I'm really not liking this season! Aside from Kenny and Angelo I can't really even identify the contestants. It seems like by this point in other seasons, there was a lot to distinguish the chefs from each other. I mean in 5, you had Stefan, Fabio, Carla, Jamie, etc. In the first season there was Stephen, Harold, Dave. I just feel like I barely recognize these chefs and it make it kind of hard to find any likeable or root for them, especially when the most visable chefs seem to spend their time posturing all over the kitchen.

And I was really surprised at the secretive nature of some of the chefs tonight. Again in other seasons, people seemed to really enjoyed talking cooking techniques and bouncing ideas for dishes off of each other. These chefs seemed to be so paranoid, convinced that someone would purposely try to sabotage them if they talked about their ideas!

That being said, I think some of the challenges have been hilarious. The reactions when they learned they had to switch ingredients tonight, or when they were tied together, about killed me. It's like the producers purposely thought up these challenges just for those shocked expressions.

I thought the chefs were being pretty honest with their judging - they were all aware that they were next. That competition was set up nicely, although the cold challenge was a tough food theme. So that might be why the judging seemed harsh.

I find myself liking Tiffany...she is pretty savvy about this whole comp.
    Last edited by Cootie; 07-22-2010 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3996745;
    I really do not like Kenny. I don't care how great he thinks he is or his wins. Every episode he always has to mention something like he's an "alpha male", that he hopes people will get nervous when they see his dish, or that he's a stud, etc. When it happens that much it can mean only 1 of the following

1. he's in love with himself
    2. thinks he's better than he really is
    3. it's his edit

So when he was on the bottom, I was glad. At first thought it was just a ploy to get him out but then the judges agreed.
    So he's exactly the same as Angelo (in love with himself, egotistical, paranoid, etc.)?

And unlike Angelo, at least he voted with some integrity. Angelo not only voted to get Kenny off, you can tell he nudged the other voters too (on both sides, which is why his dish had some serious defenders).

I will say I found myself very pleased that Tamesha got the boot. At the beginning of the season she seemed pleasant and harmless, but by the end of this episode all I saw was a whiny, surly unprofessional child.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-22-2010 at 02:04 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I don't get to see this show very often at all.
    Can someone tell me if they typically use ingredients like they did last night in challenges?
    Testicles, rattlesnake, crocodile, etc. - just seems way too extreme and way too much of a turn off for me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

To answer the question above . . . . they bring in unusual ingredients every season (at least once), but NO, last night was not an example of how the other shows play out.

Not sorry that Tamesha is gone. Someone please give that girl a parting gift of a box of Kleenex and some cold medicine.

Looks like we have at least another week of posturing between Angelo and Alpha Dog Kenny. Funny how he always manages to mention it at least once an episode. If he were REALLY the Alpha Dog, he wouldn't need to say it . . . we'd already know.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Thanks, Little Sew & Sew,

Last night's episode about turned me off to food.
    Glad to know that's not the typical case.
    Unusual is one thing. Shock value is quite another.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast