+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 7/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Top Chef 7/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I didn't know so many parts of the duck were edible . . . but man, you gotta be really hungry!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I, for one, was surprised to learn that ducks even have testes, much less tongues. Watching the judges taste these dishes made me a mite queasy. About the only thing palatable to me would be the emu omelet. Eggs are eggs. Glad they gave the nod to the pedestrian palate.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3996881;
    So he's exactly the same as Angelo (in love with himself, egotistical, paranoid, etc.)?

And unlike Angelo, at least he voted with some integrity. Angelo not only voted to get Kenny off, you can tell he nudged the other voters too (on both sides, which is why his dish had some serious defenders).

I will say I found myself very pleased that Tamesha got the boot. At the beginning of the season she seemed pleasant and harmless, but by the end of this episode all I saw was a whiny, surly unprofessional child.

You would think the contestants would have thought things through. Wouldn't you think they would have considered some strategy before putting Kenny up for elimination. I think I would be concerned that the judge's or producers were not going to send Kenny home even if he failed at that challenge because he is one of the top contenders in the forefront. So, the likelihood is that the person from your team that goes up against Kenny is likely to go. The safest route would have been to nominate the other side's weakest contestant.

That way the person on your team would have a better shot at staying. I guess they didn't think it through. LOL

I totally disliked the visiting judge from Florida. What a smart mouth. She went out of her way to diss her competitor. (I can't recall her name.) She could have just said nothing, but no she had to put a dig in against her. Could have been scripted, but still. What a jerk.

Also, Kenny does need to calm down his macho, but I still like him. Why didn't he realize his dish was terrible? Why didn't the woman who went home realize her scallops were terrible. Aren't they tasting the food? I just don't understand that.

Tamesha was my favorite, despite her bizarre attraction towards that jerk Angelo. And Angelo and Kenny, can't stand them and their huge egos (though Ed is right up there in the dislike list), so I was eager to see one of them go home, so imagine how angry I got. Tamesha had never been in the bottom till now and had performed considerably well throughout the competition. Kenny may had won a few bits here and there, but he's also been very inconsistent, going from being on the top to being on the bottom like a roller coaster.

I feel like he got a pass due to judges favoritism, or to keep the drama between Kenny and Angelo up, or maybe both. Why boot someone who's been doing consistently well instead of someone who's been so inconsistent? I never understand this show.

They are putting this as the Kenny vs Angelo TC thing. With the powers that be having their way.
    Whip It Good!

I didn't think Kenny would go, there's too much good TV drama for them to eliminate him this soon ~ at least from a producer's perspective, imo. I liked Tamesha initially but her attitude completely turned me off the last couple of episodes. I wonder if the contestants were right about Angelo manipulating Tamesha, possibly sabotaging her dish??? Hmm...
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Fogey

I find this to the be the least likable group of contestants ever. The only other time I have been able to find so few redeeming competitors was Top Chef NY, and at least then we had Carla and Arianne. Also there just seems to be a general lack of talent. The best thing about last season, as well as Chicago and Miami was that everyone was so talented that the playing field was really even. It was a real competition between quite a few.

Wow, nearly a week later and there are only 16 posts? This season is dreadful! There really is nobody to pull for nor is there anybody to hate so much that you watch just to see them fail.

For me, I've been ruined by TC: Masters and seeing how gracious and good sports and not to mention amazing chefs most of them were. It makes it close to impossible to watch this watered down baby version of the show. I think I'm done with this season and will just wait for another TC: M to come around. And I even like Kelly more now.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I'm not done with it, but I do wish Angelo would screw up and get the boot. Or else for everyone else to confront him about his creepy manner and superior attitude. I can take Kenny, he's just an alpha-male. But Angelo gives me the willies, like Norman Bates in Psycho. I wish Tamesha and Tracy were still around.

I can easily root for Stephen, Tiffany, Kelly, Kevin, and Andrea, I like all of them.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

My son and I watched Psych last week...I completely forgot this was on! And so far, I haven't found the latest episode online. So I'm enjoying what few posts there are :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast