+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 7/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef 7/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 1AM ET / 10PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

Re: Top Chef 7/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3969087;
    Please keep all discussion in here until 1AM ET / 10PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    I thought the bottom two teams had some good people, couldn't they have thrown out Lynne since she was the one who cooked the bad pasta and Kevin who hasn't done well recently. Should have saved Kenny and Arnold who have actually won things. I thought Arnold would have raised hell on Lynne since she was so sure about when to cook the pasta, and then Lynne's final words aren't about her bad cooking, it was blaming herself for allowing Arnold to take the lead.

I'm really unhappy that Arnold was kicked off mainly because of Lynne. Wasn't she responsible for the pasta? Why exactly did she wait until she was in front of the judges to complain about the pasta? I thought for sure one of the weaker pairings would leave today. I guess it really is anyone's game.

FORT Fogey

I was surprised that Tom seemed to list so many more faults when it came to the dish that didn't send anyone home. In front of the contestants, the only really negative remark made about the pasta dish was that the pasta was undercooked. I thought what Padma had said about its lack of marketability should have been pointed out. I can't see enough people ordering black mussels with a squid ink sauce regularly enough to justify having it routinely on a Hilton room service menu, particularly since I would imagine that it might be a more expensive item to produce (though I may be wrong about that--having lived in the middle of the country my entire life, I've never been able to purchase seafood cheaply).

That being said, I would have slipped off the couch in a dead faint if any team involving Kenny had been eliminated. Surely the show wants to keep him and Angelo around as long as possible, since they're so obviously setting them up as the season's big rivals. Personally, I find both of them annoying and would have preferred to keep Arnold over either of them.

I'm also starting to wonder who's setting up Kenny's edits, because his late wife is getting mentioned at least twice a show. I agree it's very sad that he lost his wife at such a young age, but I suspect he does talk about other people and issues. Top Chef, however, seems to have decided that casting him as the grieving widower is the key to making him appealing to the audience, so that's the story they're going to slam home over and over again.

FORT Newbie

Arnold was kicked off?

Yes, along with Lynne.

I'm so jealous of Kelly and Andrea! If there was a challenge to win, it was definitely this one. A trip to Italy or Spain? I bet anyone would love to win that, especially the travel junkies like me.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I was very scared kenny would go home! I'm glad he didn't. I like Kevin as well. I'm sad arnold went home. I'm glad Andrea stayed and won. I would rather have had Kelly & Lynne go home. I don't like eitherof them. I think Tamesha & Tiffany were funny tonight.

I think the team that DIDN'T have to cook lunch and dinner and who had the best breakfast dish should have won the trips to Spain and Italy. Giving it to essentially the best of the worst didn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3969749;
    I think the team that DIDN'T have to cook lunch and dinner and who had the best breakfast dish should have won the trips to Spain and Italy. Giving it to essentially the best of the worst didn't seem right.
    Yeah, I agree. I guess they got it because they had hung in there and had to cook 3 meals instead of one, but still. It was like you won the trips because your previous 2 meals were not as good as the others. LOL

I'm trying to figure out what the problem is with Kenny and his partner last night. They were tasting their food multiple times. They were trying their best to make the food delicious. They are both good chefs, so why did they think the meat didn't need more glaze when all the judges thought it did? Couldn't they look at the meat and tell that? They saw their competitors more moist meat and thought theirs looked better? Kenny said he KNEW his food was great and was having a difficult time understanding why the judges kept leaving in the bottom with his dishes. What is wrong with their judgment? I don't get it. I want Kenny to do well, but honestly his judgment with food is confusing to me at times.

I'm also confused about the undercooked pasta. How can that happen with 2 experienced chefs preparing it? How difficult is it to cook fresh pasta? It's not that difficult. I think that in itself if bizarre enough to send you home. I know she stood there refusing to put the pasta in until the last moment and that would have been okay if she allowed enough time to cook it, so why blow it like that? I'm confused.

I don't think lack of time is the issue. They had enough time to prepare an entree for a few people in 45 minutes. Cetainly, they do that in their real jobs all the time.

I wish they would do some kind of taste tests to test their palates. I can't recall which team prepared the beverage in the competition, but the judges tasted it and IMMEDIATELY said TOO SWEET! Did that team just heap in loads of sugar and not concern themself with the possibility that most adults don't want a super sweet beverage or did they taste it and think Oh, yeah, that's very sweet. I bet the judges will love it that way. I'm not kidding. It makes you really question their taste buds.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3969796;
    Yeah, I agree. I guess they got it because they had hung in there and had to cook 3 meals instead of one, but still. It was like you won the trips because your previous 2 meals were not as good as the others. LOL

I'm trying to figure out what the problem is with Kenny and his partner last night. They were tasting their food multiple times. They were trying their best to make the food delicious. They are both good chefs, so why did they think the meat didn't need more glaze when all the judges thought it did? Couldn't they look at the meat and tell that? They saw their competitors more moist meat and thought theirs looked better? Kenny said he KNEW his food was great and was having a difficult time understanding why the judges kept leaving in the bottom with his dishes. What is wrong with their judgment? I don't get it. I want Kenny to do well, but honestly his judgment with food is confusing to me at times.

I'm also confused about the undercooked pasta. How can that happen with 2 experienced chefs preparing it? How difficult is it to cook fresh pasta? It's not that difficult. I think that in itself if bizarre enough to send you home. I know she stood there refusing to put the pasta in until the last moment and that would have been okay if she allowed enough time to cook it, so why blow it like that? I'm confused.

I don't think lack of time is the issue. They had enough time to prepare an entree for a few people in 45 minutes. Cetainly, they do that in their real jobs all the time.

I wish they would do some kind of taste tests to test their palates. I can't recall which team prepared the beverage in the competition, but the judges tasted it and IMMEDIATELY said TOO SWEET! Did that team just heap in loads of sugar and not concern themself with the possibility that most adults don't want a super sweet beverage or did they taste it and think Oh, yeah, that's very sweet. I bet the judges will love it that way. I'm not kidding. It makes you really question their taste buds.
    ITA. Can you imagine that is what sent them home. I like BOTH of them.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast