+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 7/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 7/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The editing is getting sloppy, it's were you can almost spot who is going home. Personally, I thought the producers saved Kenny's team so the rivalry between him and Angelo would continue.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3969843;
    ITA. Can you imagine that is what sent them home. I like BOTH of them.

I know! I liked them too. I don't get it. I think they blew it over something so simple.

Are any of the contestants who are serving up these dishes with taste issues, no salt, too much salt, too sweet, etc., the same ones who are smokers? I'm not trying to bash smokers at all. It's a free country and to each his own, however, I'm just trying to figure out the problem that seems to be going on with them.

Remember Kenny was trying to add more horseradish and his partner was discouraging it. Why? Didn't they taste it? The judges were disappointed and said they could barely taste it. Really? If that's the case, then why didn't Kenny and his partner know this when they were tasting it 10 times?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3969893;
    The editing is getting sloppy, it's were you can almost spot who is going home. Personally, I thought the producers saved Kenny's team so the rivalry between him and Angelo would continue.
    I thought the decision to keep them was an easy one. Seemed like the judges liked their dish. I thought they had a chance of winning with the comments from the panel. I think they had to point out weak points to make it seem less obvious that the other pair was going home.

FORT Fogey

This cast is so large that the editors are missing some pertinant moments. I am hoping it will get better as the contestants dwindle.

The goal was to make something sophistocated that could be made easily and quickly. Fresh squid ink pasta does not fit that criteria and Padma's comment about marketability was key. They failed that challenge but not because the pasta was undercooked. They could have forgiven that if they allowed an scantily glazed short rib with not enough horseradish to win. This point was cut out. I think it was probably the ONE thing we should have heard!

I noticed at the very end of the show last night that there was a disclaimer that the eliminated contestant is decided on by the judges with input from the producers. I don't remember ever seeing this before, but maybe I've just missed it in the past. It was certainly evident last night anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3970373;
    I noticed at the very end of the show last night that there was a disclaimer that the eliminated contestant is decided on by the judges with input from the producers. I don't remember ever seeing this before, but maybe I've just missed it in the past. It was certainly evident last night anyway.
    I've noticed it before on this and other shows....and it always makes me feel that the viewer is being "duped" a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3969987;
    I thought the decision to keep them was an easy one. Seemed like the judges liked their dish. I thought they had a chance of winning with the comments from the panel. I think they had to point out weak points to make it seem less obvious that the other pair was going home.
    It seemed as if the judges really liked the flavor of the pasta dish and really disliked the fact they couldn't taste any horseradish in what little of the horseradish jus that Kenny's team produced.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3970373;
    I've never looked for it but have no doubt it's there. I believe that's how all these shows work. They're tv shows first, contests second. How the contestants fit the "cast" is at least as important as their talents, particularly early on.

I did read on Tom's blog that one of the reasons the team that got sent home was because they didn't adhere to one of the tenets of the challenge which was to create a recipe that customers would want to eat as squid and black pasta is a hard sell vs short ribs. Tom said that the team that got sent home failed on that point for all three meals.

Liked both of them too. What a pity that they got sent home. One little mistake will do that to you!
    Autumn Winds!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast