+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 7 - 6/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef 7 - 6/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 1AM ET / 10PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef 7 - 6/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Angelo wins another challenge with the Bipartisandwich Quickfire.

I think I already hate Angelo more than I ever hated Stefan, Tiffany, Marcel and Spike combined.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

The school lunch challenge is great so far. I like that they understand about the lack of money involved as to why school lunches might not be as good as they would like. It is hitting home as they perform the challenge.

Angelos' celery and peanut butter "vegetable" is going to come back to bite him on the butt...the judges were so not happy with him tonight. I get that he's playing the game, but really...he didn't think anyone would hold it against him down the road?

I loved seeing those kids eat the food. It would be fun to hear more of their comments. I work at a school and know that many of my students have their main meals with us at school. They love the food, as ours is pretty good, but the menu the chefs came up with was very "colorful", so that was pretty different! I don't think the baby food sweet potato dish was that great for this age group either. The celery was a joke...

I liked the winning dish but am sorry to see the girl go who made the desert(sorry, I can't remember her name yet). The losing group really overlooked the nutrition side of school lunches.
    Last edited by Cootie; 06-24-2010 at 01:14 AM.

I wanted Kenny to go home because he didn't fight for the meal. Seriously, peanut butter and celery for desert. Yuck. Kenny and his pard let Tracey and Angelo run over him. For that alone he should have been sent home. I just felt that was all weepy eyed sour grapes. Arnold fought for his stuff, so did other members of that group. Still I felt that the producers were going to keep Kenny over the girl who did go home just because he is Angelo's number one competitor at the moment.

Will the "Curse of the Desert" never be broken?

You would think by now the chefs who apply for this show should have one or two really good desert receipes memorized.

Amanda (?), seriously, alcohol and young children, what were you thinking?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I agree about the alcohol in the desert. There seems to be quite a few very stubborn and spacey contestants this season. I do think there will be some good chefs in the group too.

What did Angelo say to his partner when they left the stage after he was questioned about throwing the challenge. It was in subtitles but I missed it. I'm dying to know what he said. Unless he really changes, he's the one I will pull against. Do you think the show sets up a contestant as a villain just for ratings?

FORT Fogey

I actually heard Kenny try to speak up several times during the planning of the dishes, and he was just roundly ignored. I don't think he should have gone home.

Honestly, I wish Amanda had gone home. She didn't take the challenge into consideration, just making something she liked. She screwed her team over in terms of budget to buy sherry, her dish wasn't appealing, and it was a bad idea. Jacqueline's dish was actually a great idea, she got screwed by Amanda.

Really don't like Kelly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3949025;
    Do you think the show sets up a contestant as a villain just for ratings?

Sometimes. In season 2, Marcel was clearly supposed to be the villain (although Illan bothered me so much more). Season 3 (Miami) it was Howie/ Hung, even though neither of them were mean or bad at all. Well, Howie was a little obnoxious. Chicago it was Dale, though Lisa turned out to be way more negative and in New York it was Stefan. Las Vegas didn't really have a villain, just lots of people not liking Michael V's attitude.

Hadn't seen this show in quite a while and saw a bit last night.
    Question- Didn't Gael Greene use to be a judge on the show? Who is the guy that's a judge?
    This episode reminded me of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast