+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top Chef Masters 5/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 5/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep discussion in here until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Masters 5/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Who got nuked? I fell asleep before the end of the program.

QF was "Name That Ingredient" from season 5. Rick beat Susur in the final tasting round, even though Susur was bragging to the camera as usual about being such an expert.

Elimination: the chefs each have to make a dish inspired by a Greek deity for a tasting party. Susur bitches because it's not "his culture". Rick and Marcus were top two, but Rick won. Bottom two were Susan and Jonathan, and Susan went home, which stinks.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I just recently saw this show. It's pretty entertaining.

I'm new to this topic, but didn't see a thread for the host. I noticed that this lady, Kelly, does not look well. Is she a former chef? I find her frail and unhealthy appearence distracting, especially on a food show. What's she doing there?

Kelly Choi is a former model who hosts several foodie TV shows and events.

Her bio thread can be found here: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...f-masters.html
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I like Kelly.

Susan was on a recent Chef vs City (two Next Iron Chef alums - Aaron Sanchez and Chris C are the food network chefs and they compete against other chefs in various battles for bragging rights). She wasn't a contestant but they had to go to her restaurant "Street" for one of their challenges. The challenge was to identify the countries where 6 different dishes were from and her eggs with soy sauce and that toast with the coco jelly was one of the dishes. The very same dish that got her sent home and it nearly stumped the contestants because they could not figure out what part of the world that dish was from.

It was great seeing her and she said that dish would be on Street and it was, her smile is lovely and she looked to be having a great time being a referee of sorts on that show. I wish she was still in this competition.

I think it will come down to Susar and Rick because of the editing but I wouldn't be surprised if Marcus sneaks in there, the Jedi Chef keeps stumbling so I don't really see him making it to the end although I would love it if he did with Susar.

Kelly is a rarity in the former model turned reality show hostess field, she's articulate and intelligent and doesn't make the show all about her and her ego (here's looking at you Camilla from Sheer Genius). I like her too, she has grown on me. I wasn't too sure about her the first time she came out but I appreciate her more now, she is respectful and has a lovely attitude.

+ Reply to Thread