+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top Chef Masters 4/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef Masters 4/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3890311;
    Then I guess I watched a different version of the show, because I purposely looked for him and even froze each preview and I did not see Susar. I saw the black guy with the braids. The first preview was not of the next week, it was of the elimination challenge and they did spoil that by showing him having to do the challenge and that told everybody that he didn't win the quick fire.

*shrugs*

No matter, I just know without a shadow of a doubt by carefully watching each preview that Susar wasn't shown in the previews for the next week. I wonder if they will address this at all? More than likely not. It was actually sort of uncanny how much the black guy (I really have to learn his name) looked like him because he had his hair pulled back in a high ponytail as well.

I think that Susar was beginning to appear right behind him and they cut it off, it was barely a blurry glimpse but not enough to be able to say for sure it was him.

ETA: Did a little research and evidently there was a preview where annoying voice over announces that the real competition starts next week and then there is a shot of Susar working on a tower of food. Are you all talking about that? Oddly enough, that preview was never shown in my market. I'm going to have to watch it a third time because I love spoilers and I was actively hunting for that one and never saw it.

The first spoiler that the articles are discussing was him working in the EC and not the next week, yes, a bit of a screw up but not as bad as if they actually showed him competing beyond that night.
    Re the bolded section: That's what I saw. It was around the 44 minute mark for me. I almost didn't finish watching the show.

I never saw it! My husband and I are both baffled why our market chose to cut that preview out, we do show a large amount of local ads but still. We thought that maybe they realized their mistake and cut it before it was aired till we remembered that we are on the east coast and tend to see the shows first and the cuts don't happen till they hit the west coast.

Bunny555 sent me a link where I can view it and I'll check it out when I get home because I'm really hating that I'm not in on this! LOL makes me want to stomp my foot and throw a tantrum especially after I took the time to carefully watch every preview so I could see what you all saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3889699;
    I am glad their text vote was 75% in favor of taking pictures of food in restaurants. I was reading a Bon Appetit where "the foodist" (a jerky guy who sometimes judges on the Food Channel shows) agreed with some jerky reader who wrote in to say people should not take photos.
    Why would it bother anyone if someone took a picture of their food? Did they explain?

Anyway, it's good to see Maria Hines featured. I never ate at Tilth (BTW, what's with the one-name restaurant trend?), but she's a rock star among Seattle foodies.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3891345;
    Why would it bother anyone if someone took a picture of their food? Did they explain?

Anyway, it's good to see Maria Hines featured. I never ate at Tilth (BTW, what's with the one-name restaurant trend?), but she's a rock star among Seattle foodies.
    Till this i was not aware of her... but i fell in love with her! I wanted her to do well so badly, was sorry she didnt move on. I was happy with the 2 that did advance, I like Lee a great deal (still a HUGE Waxman fan tho). Any one who cooks with enough passion to call him self a ninja is a winner in my book! lol

I could not wait however for Tramonto to go home.. i have never liked him.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3891562;
    I could not wait however for Tramonto to go home.. i have never liked him.
    I didn't like him either. Something about his arrogance when they were talking at the end, and he basically said there were "no excuses" just suck it up and cook (or something to that affect). He just came across as a really conceited guy who tries to act like he's humble. I'm not buying it. Glad he didn't get through.

I was amazed that Susar got a solid 5 stars from each of the judges. Obviously they were looking for nitpicky things to create some sense of drama (too spicy) since it was obvious from the scores (19.5 out of 20!!) that he knocked it out of the park! I would have LOVED to eat his dish, as well as that salmon dish with the almond milk. It looked delish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12