+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top Chef Masters 4/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Top Chef Masters 4/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in here until 2AM ET / 11PM PT.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef Masters 4/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

You're missing the Real Housewives of OC judge the Quickfire, and embarrassing themselves with their ignorance of fine dining.

The QF is from Season 3, when they brought in a mixologist and the chefs had to make a dish that paired well with their chosen cocktail. The chefs are getting hammered as they work, which explains all the yelling to come from the promos.

After complaining about everything as it came out and offering insightful comments like "I don't like pork", the Real Idiots gave everyone 4 stars, and one chef 5 stars: Jonathan Waxman's pork loin.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Just catching it now on the second showing. at Tamra changing her opinion of one of the dishes to agree with Gael Greene. I'm glad it was just the quickfire that they were judging.

Really a shame Bravo invited these women to judge Top Chef Masters. How many Housewives episodes have there been where these women proved they absolutely don't know or appreciate fine food? I have to agree with Ludo - these women should not have been judging them.

But all in good fun. And Lynne probably had the munchies so everything was yummy to her!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3882896;
    You're missing the Real Housewives of OC judge the Quickfire, and embarrassing themselves with their ignorance of fine dining.

The QF is from Season 3, when they brought in a mixologist and the chefs had to make a dish that paired well with their chosen cocktail. The chefs are getting hammered as they work, which explains all the yelling to come from the promos.

After complaining about everything as it came out and offering insightful comments like "I don't like pork", the Real Idiots gave everyone 4 stars, and one chef 5 stars: Jonathan Waxman's pork loin.
    And, on one of the pork dishes they said they don't like 'red meat'. That cracked me up. No wonder Ludo wasn't too thrilled with them. That's more than just not knowing fine dining.

The "housewives" were horrid, and I agree with Ludo (gasp) that they shouldn't have been anywhere NEAR judging fine cuisine.

Since they are not including the quickfire results in the total anymore, it really doesn't matter if those people are not "qualified to judge" them. It does reaveal more about the contestants to see their reactions, and it is accurate that anyone with a restaurant is going to have to listen to the comments of patrons, most of whom will be like those housewives.

I totally agree with having non-foodies judge the quickfire challenges. They've had kids do it, musicians, actors, etc. It's the inclusion of these bimbos that bugged me! I had to laugh at Gael Green's face a couple of times while listening to these girls insist that they hate ginger and then find out there is ginger in the drink. Guess it doesn't count when it's mixed with alcohol.

The winner of the quickfire doesn't have those scores carried forward, true, but they do get an advantage at the next challenge, which could be important.

+ Reply to Thread