+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Top Chef in the Media

Top Chef in the Media

I am not sure where else to post my questions, but:
    Where the heck in Leann? I miss her blog on bravo and the Wong Way to Cook.

Where is Tom? He has shown up at judging, but have we seen him in the kitchen yet? His non-verbal communication was always quite telling.

Why don't the challenge winners get a prize? I think that Bryan V is the only winner to get a prize.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Re: Season 6 changes

The one thing I don't like is the sometimes winning of a money chip. And of course, the moment they opened with the showgirls in the kitchen I groaned and walked away. Other than watching in bits & pieces, this last episode has been the only one I've watched in its entirety.

(Hey at least Tom shows up at judging - where the heck have The Persimon Princess and Senora "Don't Bore Me" Garcia been on PR??????)

I guess I started this thread too soon.

Tom was in the Kitchen, Lee Anne is blogging and Kevin won a prize.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3704803;
    I am not sure where else to post my questions, but:
    Where the heck in Leann? I miss her blog on bravo and the Wong Way to Cook.

Where is Tom? He has shown up at judging, but have we seen him in the kitchen yet? His non-verbal communication was always quite telling.

Why don't the challenge winners get a prize? I think that Bryan V is the only winner to get a prize.
    Lee Anne was in Japan when the first few episodes of TC 6 were aired on tv. This is Lee Anne's final season with Bravo so Fabio has taken over the Wong Way to Cook with Top Recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;3748191;
    Lee Anne was in Japan when the first few episodes of TC 6 were aired on tv. This is Lee Anne's final season with Bravo so Fabio has taken over the Wong Way to Cook with Top Recipe.
    Bummer!

FORT Newbie

Why is Leann leaving, does anyone know?

FORT Regular

Past top chef winners

Anyone know what they are up to now? I know winner of season 4 chef Stephanie Will be opening a new restaurant soon..

Holiday food ideas from Stephanie Izard on Yahoo! Video

FORT Fogey

Re: Past top chef winners

There is/was something on Bravo about many of them. Nothing super riveting, except the the tall skinny dark haired girl who had the least experience from S1 or S2. She now has a culinary fashion line, a book, and more.

Top Chef on DVD

This has been available since October, and I just picked up a copy real cheap at Amazon, so I thought I would start a thread.

While there are other seasons I would have wanted to see before this one, I was surprised how much I got into watching it again. Most of the episodes are extended in some way, plus they are widescreen and the image quality is excellent.

The best news is that there are some decent extras. On each disc, they show footage from the sequester apartment after each chef is eliminated. it's funny to watch it turn more and more into a ritual as more chefs are welcomed in. There's some juicy gossip, and you get to see just how bitter Jeff was after losing the football challenge to Josie.

I hope the other seasons get released to disc, but at least they are still available at iTunes. (And possibly elsewhere, I haven't checked -- anyone else know of other places where the earlier seasons are available online?)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Top Chef in the Media

Interesting article at Huffington Post: Sam, Kevin, Robin, Angelo, Mike I, Dale L, Ty-Lor and Grayson all list their favorite menus for wedding receptions:

Wedding Food: 'Top Chef' Contestants Share Their Dream Wedding Menus
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast