+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 12/09 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 12/09 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was bummed to see Michael won. I wanted Kevin to win. I think Kevin will go far anyway. He has a lot going for him. I have to admit this is the only episode I liked Michael. His reaction to winning was great. It was nice to see some emotion after he hugged his Mom.

It's too bad Kevin didn't win - his high tonight was extremely high but his lows done him in. I thought of the V bros, Bryan should have won tonight because his was the best in 2 of the 4 courses. I think Michael's attitude all along has been horrible, but he is a truly creative chef and generally executes well.

Any of these 3 earned the title of Top Chef. Michael had the best night tonight, that's all.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I would have been happy to see any of those three win. They really deserved to be there! I'm very happy for Michael!!

FORT Fogey

I couldn't watch. I just new Kevin wouldn't win, and I really, really wanted him to take it. After reading some of the posts, it appears he didn't perform well, so I guess it was justified and I can't cry "foul", and hopefully neither can he.

He did o.k. with prize money and that kind of thing + a chance at the booz-cuz, all of which are great. I'm now feeling a little baddly for Bryan, though because he didn't get anything - no car, no money, no Top Chef title. Wow.

What a wierd ending. I do appreciate Michael's creativity a great deal though. All three had unique skills to offer. They will all do great.

I would have been happy with any of these three winning. Michael was probably the most obnoxious, but I've loved watching him cook all season. Since the other two already have their own restaurants, it's nice that this could be Michael's opportunity to strike out on his own.

Jexter, I've heard rumors that the bros. may open a restaurant together, so even though Bryan didn't profit directly from the show, maybe he'll still get a share in the winnings.

I had to share this link to an article from the Washington Post (I think it's ok to share article links here, right?):

Q&A: 'Top Chef' finalists Michael and Bryan Voltaggio - washingtonpost.com

I especially liked this story:
    Michael Voltaggio: I think I picked on Bryan growing up. There's actually a story my mom likes to tell, where my favorite TV show -- "Alf" (hey, I was like 5 years old) was coming on, and I was picking on Bryan and sent to my room. Then she felt bad and she called me downstairs to watch my show.

She said "Michael if you can behave and stop picking on your brother, you can watch your show."

And my response was to turn around and go back up the stairs.

She asked what I was doing and I said "I can't stop picking on Bryan."

FORT Fogey

Well Michael winning killed the whole season for me, worse than Ian vs. Marcel. Bryan and Kevin were the best overall all season and I think the finale should not only be the final dishes, but take the full view of all their dishes to win. Kevin had a bad night, but overall was the most impressive all season.

I'm OK with Michael winning it. I think all three chefs were very talented. I was rooting for Kevin because he was the nice guy. I would have been OK with Bryan winning too because he had a wife and baby and no money. Maybe his bro will help him out. But this was not a personality contest. So congrats to Michael.

I thought Bryan should have won last night, he had the best dishes. Michael and Kevin won more throughout the season. Kevin's dishes were not that good last night, too bad.

FORT Regular

I was disappointed with the results. I thought Kevin would/should win. Oh well. I haven't agreed with the chosen winner since Season 1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast