+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 11/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I don't think Kevin cooks glorified diner food by any means. "Simple" doesn't mean "unsophisticated." I think of Kevin's versus the Brothers food in terms of jewelry. Kevin's food is like a great pearl necklace. Classic, understated, but one of the most refined and sophisticated pieces out there. Michael, on the other hand, is like those a really flashy necklace with all sorts of precious gems. Still gorgeous, incredibly unique and breathtaking, but almost a little to "look-at-me!!" Hope that made sense.

Although I do feel Eli should have gone home this time, he definitely made it onto my "like" list. First with the Princess Bride reference (best. movie. ever.) and then with the way he conducted himself after losing. He really left with grace and humility.

Really, that's what I think makes Kevin the obvious choice for a winner. He's confident and capable, but he also has an air of humility about him that's very genuine, a real respect for his competition and the food, and a real sense of sportsmanship.

Bryan really impressed me this episode, helping Kevin with the Sous-Vide.

Re: 11/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3754263;
    That's why he won, but it was very surprising because the comments at the table included "pedestrian" and "amateur". I thought the nice brother won it.

I'm very glad that Jennifer has rallied. She has completely changed her demeanor through this competition.
    I'm really happy to see Jennifer coming out of her funk. I hope she can pull it all together because she really is talented, as are all of them that are left.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345