+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 11/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I was glad that little weasel Eli went home last night. I don't care how well he cooked he needs to grow up. I'm glad Jen rallied and won the QF. All four remaining chef's are very talented. I'm rooting for Kevin but I'm wondering how many will be in the finale? Two, Three or all four of them?

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3753545;
    I was glad that little weasel Eli went home last night. I don't care how well he cooked he needs to grow up. I'm glad Jen rallied and won the QF. All four remaining chef's are very talented. I'm rooting for Kevin but I'm wondering how many will be in the finale? Two, Three or all four of them?
    By the looks of the preview its three. Tom says something about only being able to take three of them to the finale. If I heard correctly!

I just felt we should have been at this point several weeks ago.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kjfras;3753462;
    I am so glad Kevin won but based on alot of the remarks at the table I was thinking it was going to be Bryan since they kept saying Kevin played it safe, but at least he tried a different approach to cooking that he wasn't use to. I thought it was great that Bryan helped him with the temp and time of the cooking method the night before - shows his willingness to assist others. We all know damn well his bro wouldn't have done it.

I was really hoping Mike would have been sent home - just to put him in his place. He thinks his cooking is God's gift to the world - I wouldn't eat half the crap he makes - I'm more of a Kevin foodie myself!

The final four are the right ones to be there. I'm looking forward to next week - should be really interesting. I'm hoping Kevin wins the whole thing. As the person above me wrote - he has true class and sportsmanship. He's the only one besides Jen that congratulates all his competitors and seems to truly care about them. I'd certainly eat at his retaurant (if I knew where it was! hehe )
    All Kevin cooks is glorified diner food. I thought this competition was supposed to be more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3753912;
    All Kevin cooks is glorified diner food. I thought this competition was supposed to be more than that.

But, if it tastes better than the flashy technique created food than I think he deserves the win.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3753234;
    Whoa! Boooo! Kevin wins for playing it safe even tho they said his dish would have been disqualified for the competition! Booooo!
    Yes but Kevin's dish while simple was cooked well, the others didn't cook their dishes well.

Originally Posted by Socks77

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3754002;
    But, if it tastes better than the flashy technique created food than I think he deserves the win.
    That's exactly what it's all about, cooking something delicious. If a dish looks good but isn't cooked well, what's the point.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3754134;
    Originally Posted by Socks77

That's exactly what it's all about, cooking something delicious. If a dish looks good but isn't cooked well, what's the point.
    That's why he won, but it was very surprising because the comments at the table included "pedestrian" and "amateur". I thought the nice brother won it.

I'm very glad that Jennifer has rallied. She has completely changed her demeanor through this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3754128;
    Yes but Kevin's dish while simple was cooked well, the others didn't cook their dishes well.
    But he didn't execute the challenge. Kevin's food tasted good, but like Mike's earlier in the quickfire, Kevin's did not fit the parameters of the challenge. It would have been disqualifed in a real event. On that basis even tho I am rooting for Kevin and Jennifer I don't think Kevin should have won this challenge.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

Possible Serious Spoiler. I found it on a Bravo TV site - but it's not affiliated with the network (I don't think so, anyway). Can't seem to find the link again but in a nutshell...

Click to see Spoiler:
    The Washington Post manages a blog about cooking, etc. They started one of the blogs with something like "Bryan Voltaggio, winner of Top Chef Season 6, bleh, bleh, bleh." In other words, the blog basically referred to Brian as the winner.

I'll try to find the link again and post if I'm successful.

Didn't the Post spoil it in a previous season too?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast