+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 11/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 11/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I want Michael to be third, I want Bryan to be second, and I want Kevin to win.

For some strange reason... I don't quite know why... but I don't want Michael to win. I want him to be able to touch victory, to smell it, only to have it snatched away by his brother or by Kevin.

I don't know why I want that to happen...

oh wait... I do know why. Michael is an insufferable pompous donkey. He is beyond arrogant, he's constantly talking crap about others and he's doing it in the same breath that he's praising himself. He has to point out a negative quality in someone else, and then say something positive about his own person.

Example: "Robin left this station a mess, I like to work in a clean hygienic environment."

Even when he's giving someone else a compliment, he's doing it by way of making himself look better. In the preview, during the credits, "Kevin made something I would make on my day off." It sounds like he's bitter and vindictive, and he has said something to the same extent in a previous episode. That's his way of giving someone a compliment it seems. Acknowledging someone has made a good dish, but only because he has made the same dish, and he has done it better, and he did it five years ago when he was still in training.

It's like saying "what a lovely picture you've drawn, of course I drew the Mona Lisa when I was half your age".
    This is not a signature.

I guess I didn't mind Robin as much as most people, although she had no shot at being winner of Top Chef. Eli's dish was a disaster of epic proportions. Even when he was describing what he was going to make it didn't sound appealing at all. He probably should have gone home last night instead. I did feel bad for him that he had to go to Circus Circus though

Ger

I also think it was past time for Robin to go home.

I also think Eli should be next to go, his dish was terrible this week, it even looked terrible.

I think Jen has just given up, seems that way to me and I almost thought she wanted to be sent home but I could be wrong and hope she can pull herself together for next week.
    She started off the show with a bang but looks like she got burnt out.

I really am rooting for Kevin to win this season. I really like this guy alot.

FORT Fogey

I didn't like Robin because I don't feel like she took it seriously. She kept acting like it was playtime, time to try new things and discover yourself and stuff, and it's not. It's a serious competition for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by madlyophelia;3749192;
    I'd love to know what's going on with Jennifer. Her speciality is seafood and both dishes she prepared were beef. Serving SOS for breakfast seemed like she was intentionally sabotaging herself, even though it wasn't singled out as among the worst in the QF.

Buffalo wings wins? Good lord!
    I recommend that everyone read the blogs at Bravo especially Tom Cs. The show and the judging always make sense after I do.

Jaime from last season mentioned in one of her blogs that they send her a tape if the show in advance to watch before it airs. The tape does not include Judges table, so she has no idea who won/went home until we do. Her blog is mostly written in advance, so she has an amazing gift for calling it.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3749640;
    I didn't like Robin because I don't feel like she took it seriously. She kept acting like it was playtime, time to try new things and discover yourself and stuff, and it's not. It's a serious competition for everyone else.
    i agree wholeheartedly and this is the main reason mike and the other chefs had a problem with her staying over chefs. yes, she was annoying. yes, she wasn't as qualified if a chef. yes, she garnered sympathy because of her illness. however, the main reason she stuck in th eother chefs craw is for the reasons listed above. all the other chefs wanted to win this competition as if it was their life's blood. They wanted to compete against other chef's who thought the same and would compete on a level taht would inspire of chefs and elevate their own level of cooking to it's highest form. If they lost at least they knew that the level of competition made them cook at their best. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3749509;
    I guess I didn't mind Robin as much as most people, although she had no shot at being winner of Top Chef. Eli's dish was a disaster of epic proportions. Even when he was describing what he was going to make it didn't sound appealing at all. He probably should have gone home last night instead. I did feel bad for him that he had to go to Circus Circus though
    Nor did I mind Robin that much. Of coruse she should not have won or even have made the finals, but I thought she showed admirable restraint after how most of the others treated her. Eli, Mike I, the brothers, and even Jennifer were rude and vicious towards her. Maybe I'm the only one, but I would never patronize a business owned by people who act that way towards others.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I am surprised to see Robin go home over Eli. It looked as if all the judges universally hated Elli's peanut soup. I really thought that Eli would go home. I would have liked that considering how he has treated her over the course of the show.

Jennifer one of my early faves looks as if she will be gone soon, talk about self sabotage. Kevin all the way at this point.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Who is John Galt?

I agree with most of the above comments. Robin's time to go home was long past as she has been on the bottom nearly every week. I don't understand how she got into the competition. She doesn't seem too competent to me (I wouldn't eat her food). But, I don't understand why the others don't like her. Her personality seemed okay to me (of course, we only saw the edited Robin).

Eli is up and down. He shows his immaturity in both a personal and career sense. He has a lot of passion but needs experience. He'll probably go far, but won't win the competition.

What is up with Jen? She was my early favorite and I thought she'd go all the way to the top four. She seems to have really gotten down on herself and lost her confidence. I wouldn't have been surprised if she bowed out last night of her own will. Unless she really pulls it together, she's out.

The brothers are interesting and very much opposites although both fantastic chefs. Michael is bold, arrogant, and in-your-face. Brian is thoughtful, intense, and quiet. It is obvious how much they compete with each other. I prefer Brian's personality, but just maybe Michael is the better chef. It's a close call on these two. But I definitely see top three for both.

Kevin is the man. His food is always reliably delicious (according to the judges) and his calm, focused manner will probably gain him the title. He is the man to beat for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3751478;
    What is up with Jen? She was my early favorite and I thought she'd go all the way to the top four. She seems to have really gotten down on herself and lost her confidence. I wouldn't have been surprised if she bowed out last night of her own will. Unless she really pulls it together, she's out.

Kevin is the man. His food is always reliably delicious (according to the judges) and his calm, focused manner will probably gain him the title. He is the man to beat for sure.
    I personally think that she hasn't been the same since she was sick. I think it took a toll on her and she can't get back in the game. It's an exhausting time anyhow and then add sickness on top of that would have to be draining. She was also an early favorite of mine. I hope she does pull it together, although the win seems less likely now.

I hope Keven takes it all. He's my favorite. Just can't seem to like the brothers, even without the rivalry crap questions they were asked and answered, it just seems they aren't pleasant people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234