+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'm glad Jennifer managed to make it one more week. I hope she gets past this block and proves herself next week. If she doesn't, she's probably gone.

I was hoping Kevin would win over the brothers.

Glad Jennifer is still there but she better get her head in the game. The surly brother needs to grow the hell up. Kevin cooks good food and is the chef to beat at this point. If he can cook that kind of food on his day off, maybe he should try to cook it for the damn show. Not sad at all to see Robin go. Glad she outlasted Mike the mouth.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

What's up with Jennifer? She's not only cooking badly, but her attitude is awful. She's really letting this get to her... I wish she'd get out of her funk and at least beat out Eli.

Perhaps against my better judgment, I really like both Voltaggios (in addition to Kevin). They just seem like really good, talented chefs. Every time Michael does or says something obnoxious, he does something nice (like splitting his winnings in RW). I'm always curious to see what they'll do next. It was nice to see Bryan talk some about his son - very cute.

Is Bryan's son's name Dasher? Like the reindeer?! I sincerely hope I heard that wrong

FORT Fogey

Jennifer is losing the judges faith and support. Even if she can pull out a couple of good dishes her inconsistancy is a red flag.

It is amazing that a rendition of chicken wings won. I am always impressed at how they come up with ideas and how such a simple concept took first place.

Having seen pannacotta prepared on this show a number of times I made it awhile back and used a winning recipe on the Top Chef site. I was unimpressed.

I am glad to see Robin gone, I was not a fan. I have to believe there were many much better chefs who did not make the cut. Why they chose her will always remain a question in my mind.

It sure looks like the final 3 are a lock but we see in the preview that Kevin makes a mistake he regrets. I doubt they would eliminate him for one glitch since he has had such a stellar run but they do insist that they judge the dish before them and we have seen good chefs go down for it.

I am enjoying this season.

I know it was time for Robin to go home but I felt sorry for her. She really wanted to be there and seemed to love what she was doing. And I didn't like how mean Eli and the one bro was to her, there was no excuse for that disrespect. Jen has completely fallen apart, even her appearance looks defeated. I hope Eli gets voted off next. I predcit Kevin and the brothers will be in the final three with Kevin winning it. I also like Nigella as a judge last night. She could be a judge all the time, replace Toby with her.

Eli should have gone home last night because his dish was absolutely inedible. Also, I wish Robin would have outlasted him just because his attitude toward her is despicable.

Jennifer has taken herself out of this competition and, like folks above have said, her food and her body language show it. Remember there was a point last season when the judges noticed that Leah had lost her drive to win the competition? Well, Jen's in the same spot, I think.

Still and all, I'd like to see her pull herself together because she's apparently a spectacular chef, and I'd be very, very disappointed if Eli outlasts her in this competition.

But Kevin's still my favorite to win the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3748835;
    I know it was time for Robin to go home but I felt sorry for her. She really wanted to be there and seemed to love what she was doing. And I didn't like how mean Eli and the one bro was to her, there was no excuse for that disrespect. Jen has completely fallen apart, even her appearance looks defeated. I hope Eli gets voted off next. I predcit Kevin and the brothers will be in the final three with Kevin winning it. I also like Nigella as a judge last night. She could be a judge all the time, replace Toby with her.
    No sympathy for Robin.

Are the judges decisions totally based on the dish or do they look at other factors. This is my first season watching this so sorry if it has been answered elsewhere.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3748772;
    Is Bryan's son's name Dasher? Like the reindeer?! I sincerely hope I heard that wrong
    I believe he was saying Thatcher.

FORT Fanatic

I have to think that winning the QF counts for something even Padma says that the winner gets no immunity. While Robin's dish was bad, it was still edible. Eli's dish was a disgusting mess, absolutely inedible. Did Tom taste it and then spit it out (off camera)? Tom has often said that each performance has to stand on itself. No cumulative points from past performances. Eli's past record, while not stellar, was much better than Robin's. End result: Eli stays, Robin goes home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast