+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 10/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

When my gran was in a nursing home recovering from a broken hip, I used to visit with the chef (who was cute as can be) and he was required to wear a "beard cover" much like a face mask to keep stray hairs from getting in the food. Anybody interested in seeing Kevin's hair in the "soup?" I really hate it when cooks blow on the food, wipe plates with dirty towels, pick up food with their hands and place it on plates. Anybody heard of Swine Flu??? I have NEVER seen them wash their hands either.
    Last edited by Socks77; 10-30-2009 at 01:01 PM. Reason: added sentence

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

If anyone's interested, Kevin's QF dish and a handful of past winning dishes from other seasons are for sale by Schwan's. Promotion

It is so hard to see Jennifer crash and burn. She is her own worst enemy. She needs someone like a sports psychologist to coach her to confidence. We were rooting for her and Kevin, but now Kevin has pulled way out in front.

I'm glad Mike I. is gone and can only hope Mike V. will follow, due to his rotten attitude, but his food seems to keep him near the top.

So glad Mike I is gone. He has been cocky since day 1. Still miss Ashley. Didn't think it was her time to go when she did and would like to have a girl around who can place Top 3. Hope Jenifer pulls it together, I too think she is still not feeling great and that it is affecting her.

This season is Kevin's to lose. He is the strongest, not the most creative, but the strongest.

As far as a bottom 3 dweller making it this far, Lisa with the bad disposition a few season's ago almost won the damn show...
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Socks77;3739627;
    When my gran was in a nursing home recovering from a broken hip, I used to visit with the chef (who was cute as can be) and he was required to wear a "beard cover" much like a face mask to keep stray hairs from getting in the food. Anybody interested in seeing Kevin's hair in the "soup?" I really hate it when cooks blow on the food, wipe plates with dirty towels, pick up food with their hands and place it on plates. Anybody heard of Swine Flu??? I have NEVER seen them wash their hands either.
    I doubt the editor would choose hand washing as entertainment worthy. As far as handing the food with their hands, how can you cook without doing that? Your hands are every bit as important as any utensil!

The towels they use to wipe plates are clean. If they have been used there is only food on them and I notice the choose a clean spot on the corner to wipe a plate.

It is interesting to see Robin squeek by each week. She is not going to survive much longer. And good point graycat11, she probably wasn't as proficient at cooking vegetarian food as she claimed.

Mike V is likely to make it to the finals, unfortunately. Should he end up in the bottom 3 at some point, his overall performance will save him. There is the outside chance he would clutch and really blow it but I doubt it.

Ger

I am also glad to see Mike gone, he really was a cocky one and thought he would be there till the end I think.

I really like Kevin and was glad to see him win and I hope he makes it to the top 3

I also like Jen and hope she can pull herself together and get back in the race.

Robin I think is surprised herself that she is still there. I really am not sure just why she is still there but I am glad that she lasted longer then Mike.

I enjoyed reading Tom's blog so thanks for posting it PhoneGrrr!!!!

HAPPY HOLLOWEEN TO EVERYONE !!!

So glad to see Mike I gone. Especially before Robin.

At this point in the challenge I wouldn't mind seeing Eli, the V Brothers and Jennifer go home. Eli because he is an immature idiot and is mean to Robin. Jennifer because she is doing it to herself. The V Brothers because it would slice their egos to the ground and I would like to see that. Then Kevin can just take the crown. Seriously, at this point the judge should just give him the title.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Yeah I don't get the hate towards Robin. I get the frustration that Matin went home over her - Matin had cooked probably consistently better than her - but she seems to be a lovely person. I can see how she'd be difficult to work with though, taking up a lot of energy, but definitely a sweet, sweet woman.

I agree that Jen still seems ill. She seems tired and to be making more mistakes, or maybe she's just down. I think with her, we know she's a good chef. She works under Eric Ripert!! That counts for something, in my book. I think the question for her will be how well she can handle the stress of the competition, and I think that being sick might have just taken her right out of that mindset.

FORT Fogey

Tom's blog is interesting. He squashed any notion we may have had about the V brothers being the best chefs. I have not noticed on this sentimate on this board but apparently he was getting that from somewhere.

I bet we see Jennifer snap back next week and sail to the end. She lost her confidence there for a bit and clutched.

Whoa, did I miss something?

I was reading the blogs of both Tom and Gail and posters are commenting on Gail's reaction to the lip lock between Jennifer and a Mike. I think it was Mike I. (eewwww and double ewwww although the other wouldn't be any better). I don't see any comments about that here so I'm thinking I'm not the only one who missed it. Supposedly it happened at the very end when she goes to hug one of them after escaping elimination. Maybe that's whats got her off her game and not her illness.

Bad bad bad bad idea to mix romance with a competition, everybody remember how Leah and what's his name fell apart after their little make out session on the couch?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast