+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/28 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

The attitude of the sore losers in this competition is ugly. Note to Michael V, & Eli (& Bryan as well): just because you were selected to compete does not guarantee that you will win Top Chef, or that you will win any and every challenge during the competition. Learn to be gracious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravnes04;3738689;
    I would like to say Shut Up Michael V. You did not win, deal with it. The judges and Natalie obviously liked his dish better then yours.
    Mike V. is a big whiner! So what that you could make that dish quite easily. It was the best dish according to the judges and that's what counts.

FORT Fogey

Echo the above sentiments above about the whininess! Get a grip....Everyone has a moment of ugliness on this show - even the nicest, but these guys (esp. the Brothers) are just plain childish.

The most objective and gracious contestants ever on the show IMO are the guy who won season 1 and the guy who lost to Stephanie...it's way late and I'm too tired to remember their names. Actually, I think I'd have to add Stephanie to the mix as well.

On a related note....can't wait to see next week's show where contestants from season's past get togther -esp. Carla and the girl who took the fall for it (again, I'm tiiiiireed).

I'm not getting the Vs at all, especially Michael. It doesn't have to be fancy to be good. The comment "I could have banged it out in 20 minutes" really bothered me. If he felt that way, why didn't he think to do it?

Yeah -- Mike's gone! His protein was....leeks???? It doesn't matter how you cut them, they are still leeks.

FORT Fogey

I am surprised that none of them, with the exception of Kevin, could come up with a decent vegetarian meal. It is something to anticipate certainly. They have done this before. I make many vegetarian meals and I am also stunned that only one included a protein (lentils). And Robin makes something new after claiming to cook this way a lot?! Something strange seizes their brains in this stage of the competion. No one used eggs, cheese or beans, an obvious choice.

Ditto for me too about the whininess and sore loser behavior these people have. I'm glad Mike I. is gone. His attitude was annoying. I was hoping Robin would shine in this one because she said she ewas so good at vegetarian food but she screwed it up. Jen is completely falling apart. I think the final three will be guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3738736;
    My question is always "why would they want those appliances when the ones they work with are always failing?"
    I know! I was thinking the same thing. I do have to agree with what Phonegrrl said--I do think the producers screw up the equipment. I doubt that that many things really are failing and I don't think that particular brand is crap--so it must be the producers.

Wow.... The nerves are really getting to Jen. I expected her to be in the top three (and think she has the talent to be there) but now I'm not so sure.

Originally Posted by Ravnes04
    I would like to say Shut Up Michael V. You did not win, deal with it. The judges and Natalie obviously liked his dish better then yours.

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;3738748;
    Mike V. is a big whiner! So what that you could make that dish quite easily. It was the best dish according to the judges and that's what counts.
    Exactly. It's what all the judges, guest judges like the most, that is what counts not his opinion.

Robin, she is very lucky to be around still. While eating her dish, didn't all the judges say that her dish was too salty? At panel, I was amazed they did not mention this at all. If a dish is salty, too salty, nothing can save that dish, it is finished, kaput.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast