+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Top Chef 6 - 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 6 - 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Did you know that the brothers are in a rivalry and that it's not fair to make a person who is not legally allowed to marry work a bachlor/ette party? What's with the editors hammering us over the heads with it? I'm sick of the sibling rivalry and my sympathy for [Asley's?] plight was lost somewhere in the whining. The brothers thing was semi interesting the first time we heard it, but really unless you are an only child it's not really a news flash. And the gay person having to work for the betrothed couple would have garnered more sympathy had they not beat us to death with it, especially since it was not actually a wedding, making her reaction seem even more OTT.

Having read all the comments about the ceviches here at the FORT I also had to laugh as all the non-cooked food. It does seem that the judges are letting that pass by too much this season. Despite my loathing of hearing anymore from the brothers about how they are in a rivalry (did you know that!) I think they both can cook and really well. I'm also partial to blond Jennifer, Eli and Kevin. I may change my mind but they are early favorites.

Really liked Top Chef Masters for how willing they were to help each other. Maybe because they are already established, and it wasn't for them but a charity? Or perhaps their willingness to help is part of what makes them a great chef. We're back to regular Top Chef and I can say I have never watched it for the drama of fighting. For me the interesting drama comes from them figuring out what to make for the challenges and the subsequent battles they must overcome in the execution.

lol Loving the "Top Ceviche" comments! As far as the EC goes, all I can say is, if I drank that many shots, I'd be scarfing down the gross, vegan chile relleno from Ep. 1! Really, who would taste the food at that point? And other than the tequila, I think I would hate food that came anywhere close to matching those other, gross-sounding concoctions.

Couple things re Ashley. First, I was left with her latter comment about being glad two people found each other and had the right to marry and the fact that she not only was so professional during service but that even before then, was so concerned about the groom-to-be getting the sweet dish he'd said he wanted (even if it flopped). For some reason, the intial drama about it didn't stick with me. Second, it occurred to me the repercussions if a straight contestant made any comment about feeling resentful of having to cater a committment party or somesuch. Third, living in the SF Bay Area, and having friends in the LGBT Community, they have hella parties before and after! It wasn't catering the rehearsal or wedding dinner, for gosh sakes! Last, I know that a lot of people pinned their hopes on CA and Prop 8...but Ashley doesn't even live in CA. And if she went home to New Hampshire, well, I'm pretty sure it is allowed there. Eh, whatever. That said, all in all, I like Ashley, I think her cooking can keep improving.

Am I alone in thinking that the men should have lost points for acting so unprofessional in jumping in the pool? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't hear anything about the event being done and over, and the clients were still there. I just thought it was very odd and uncalled for. (I know, it was hot, hot, hot!)

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee;3682595;

Am I alone in thinking that the men should have lost points for acting so unprofessional in jumping in the pool? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't hear anything about the event being done and over, and the clients were still there. I just thought it was very odd and uncalled for. (I know, it was hot, hot, hot!)
    No, You are not alone. I really did expect the judges to take points away. I know this was for the show and everything but it just looked really bad to have them doing that with the guests still there. I know that BRAVO has to come up with new ideas for the challenges. I don't understand them sticking the chefs out in the hot sun just to make it more difficult. Sometimes they get to the place where the food is being served and then find out that it's outside in the sun. It's not even like they can plan for it. I don't know if I would be comfortable eating "sun warmed" ceviche !

I thought it was extremely unprofessional of the guys to jump in the pool.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I thought the jumping in the pool thing would have gotten a no-no from the judges. It is not appropriate for the caterers to join the party!! They are the hired help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234