+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 6 - 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 6 - 8/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Eve has no confidence. Seemed a sure bet to go.

What's up with Ashley? This is Top Chef, not Top can't marry my partner Chef.
    The only female I am impressed with this season is Jennifer. I kinda get the feeling she will be in the finale and has a very good chance of winning this competition.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Eve has no confidence. Seemed a sure bet to go.
    And Jessie has to get with the program or she'll be gone, too.

What's up with Ashley? This is Top Chef, not Top can't marry my partner Chef.
    I got her point the first time she said it (and I live in a state where gay marriage is legal). And like she said, she should have expected a marriage challenge in Las Vegas. But there are lots of things in this world that aren't fair. I feel like it would be rude to say "get over it", but that's kinda how I feel.

And if anyone had a problem with it, it should have been Preeti, who's been with her partner for 13 years and lives in a state where it's not legal.

The only female I am impressed with this season is Jennifer. I kinda get the feeling she will be in the finale and has a very good chance of winning this competition.
    I was going to say that there are others I liked, and then I realized I don't know any of their names. I'm not sure what that means... ;-)

It seems like Ashley would have already worked for or gone to plenty of weddings by now. Does she get upset at each one? I'm all for her having the right to marry but it kinda felt like she was trying to get her message in for the cameras. I guess that BRAVO is a good channel to do it on. Over all they seem like a pretty interesting bunch. I felt bad for Eve. She just looked so nice and sweet. I find myself rooting for Hector, Jennifer, Ron, Kevin and Ash. Jennifer appears to be strongest of the women but who can really tell this early. I've been surprised before.

I don't fault Ashley or Preeti or anyone else making a comment or two about the irony of being in a marriage challenge. What we saw was the edit of all their comments. I don't think that, once the actual challenge was before them and the clock went off, that they were as vocal/preoccupied with that aspect of things. The producers edit the show to give us the juiciest comments, not all of them.

Thank the gawds that Eve went this week. I thought she should have gone last week, and I couldn't take another moment of her stammering wishy-washiness at judge's table. I'd rather have worse chefs stay who can at lest express themselves over her.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I figured they would send Eve home. And I don't think Jesse is too far behind. I'm not really impressed with the women so far, except for Jennifer. The sibling rivalry they show between the two brothers is getting old already. I understood Ashley's fustration but I imagine in the wrold of cooking you are going to run into straigth couple events like bachorette/bachelor partys, weddings and anniversary's so she should just not let it be personal to her. The challenge didn't seem to bother Preeti or Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3680159;
    I figured they would send Eve home. And I don't think Jesse is too far behind. I'm not really impressed with the women so far, except for Jennifer. The sibling rivalry they show between the two brothers is getting old already. I understood Ashley's fustration but I imagine in the wrold of cooking you are going to run into straigth couple events like bachorette/bachelor partys, weddings and anniversary's so she should just not let it be personal to her. The challenge didn't seem to bother Preeti or Ash.
    Totally agree with you here. Personally, if they had had a double elimination last night I would have been OK with that as I felt neither chef was really bringing anything to the table.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

regarding whoever it was that was objecting to it being a wedding related challenge. I was watching the show and wondering if at her restaurant, if someone wanted to host a reception, or a rehearsal dinner there, would she not allow it? Because someone is getting married and she can't?

How far in advance is the show filmed? It is possible that this was filmed while feelings were still very raw after the vote in California.

And as far as we know she could have made one comment and they could have asked her about it many times to get the quotes.

She seemed to create one great dish and one not so great dish. What did impress me is that she knew what she did wrong, owned up to it, and accepted responsibility. She was never in danger of going home. I think she will be around for awhile.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3680263;
    regarding whoever it was that was objecting to it being a wedding related challenge. I was watching the show and wondering if at her restaurant, if someone wanted to host a reception, or a rehearsal dinner there, would she not allow it? Because someone is getting married and she can't?
    I know! I appreciate her opinion but she might want to consider a different profession if weddings upset her that much. Preeti , in the 13 year relationship,even seemed to question the amount emotion.
    Last edited by tvaholic; 08-27-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: add

FORT Fanatic

All the chefs certainly have a right to their opinion about gay marriage, but I got sick of hearing about it.

If they are considered to cook for a wedding reception, do they demand the right to decide whether or not the couple is actually right for each other? They are hired help (don't mean to be rude). If they don't approve and can't put their personal feelings aside, they should drop out of the event.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast