+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters 8/19 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef Masters 8/19 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Hubert and Rick are both superb chefs and great human beings, so if either of them won, it was a triumph. YAY Rick!

As long as Michael lost, I'm happy.

This was better than I ever hoped a spinoff of a Bravo reality show could be. Keep all your non-OC housewives! I've got my Masters! I hope they do many more of these in future seasons.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I really wanted Hubert to win this thing from the moment his miracle pasta dish was prepared in the dorm room but am not at all annoyed that it turned out to be Rick. These two guys have a lot of class and I'd love to dine at one of their restaurants.

Don't get me wrong. I'd also love to eat at Michael's restaurant, because his food looked delicious, but I just don't think he came off as well as the other two on a personal level which bothered me. Yeah, it could have been the editing but I doubt it.

I just wish I could have been a diner at the finale. The food especially Hubert & Rick's looked good enough to crawl through the screen to get,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fan

That was the perfect final challenge! What a great idea.

I was glad Rick won. I would have been OK with Hubert winning too. I didn't think Michael had a chance because that one judge didn't seem to like him and always gave him the lower score.
    I enjoyed this show. Hope they have another season on, maybe after the regualr Top Chef is over.

I've never watched Top Chef, but I did love this show. It was great to see the respect these chefs displayed toward each other. The fact that there was so little drama, overall, heightened my viewing pleasure.
    I would have been pleased with any of the 3 winning. I liked all of them.
    Rick seemed like a top notch person. However, none of his dishes appealed to me, at all. I'm just not a fan of that style of cooking.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3670402;
    Hubert got robbed. I wanted him to win. I like Rick too, but Hubert was my favorite right from the beginning. I'm glad that Michael didn't win. He seems like an a*s to work with.
    Hubert won me over too, from the minute he used the shower in the dorm room to solve the pasta crisis. Charming man with an underlying sincerity and gentleness of spirit uncommon in those top kitchens.

Agree with all of the above assessments of this show. Well cast, well planned, well executed in concept. Keeping what was best of the Top Chef "brand" of cooking challenge, and adapting the challenges and the judging and the editing to allow for the "Master" status of the contestants. A+.

I would have preferred a win by Hubert because his cuisine is much more appealing to my palate, but I think Rick is very talented with a great personality, so I'm fine with his win.

I loved both of their stories, and especially Hubert's about the women bringing their luncheon ingredients to be baked by his father while they went to the river to do laundry. It so takes you back to another time and place.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Regular

[QUOTE=tinderbox;3670722;]I really wanted Hubert to win this thing from the moment his miracle pasta dish was prepared in the dorm room but am not at all annoyed that it turned out to be Rick. These two guys have a lot of class and I'd love to dine at one of their restaurants.

Don't get me wrong. I'd also love to eat at Michael's restaurant, because his food looked delicious, but I just don't think he came off as well as the other two on a personal level which bothered me. Yeah, it could have been the editing but I doubt it.[/QUO
    I lived about 10 years just down the block from Rick's Frontera Grill on Clark Street in Chicago. In fact he opened his restaurant about the time I moved to that section of Chicago. Now it is an artsy fartsy neighborhood called River North, then it was filled with Gay Leather bars and hooker bars. If you make it to Chicago, you HAVE to visit Frontera Grill and also his upscale place Toppo Bombo ( I think) I had many a truly great meal at Frontera, though I haven't eaten at his other restaurant.

What a great show.

I would have been happy with any of the F3 winning, but I was happy to see Rick take it because he taught me how to make a great flan - via cookbook, of course I would have loved to try any of that food, but I was especially intrigued by that mole. Any item that takes a great chef 20 years to perfect must be really special!!

Ilan still annoys me too. I didn't want to hear ANY of his commentary on these chefs.

I hope they do this show again sometime in the future. I would definitely watch!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast