+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters 8/19 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef Masters 8/19 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The Chef winners are very in awe. It is kind of cute to watch.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Rick Bayless wins!!!!

Wow, my Top Chef meter is way off tonight. WTG Rick!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I wanted Hubert to win,but I like Rick also.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Really liked this season. I hope they do this again. It was fun.

What a fabulous finale. It's nice to see these chefs are Masters for a reason. And Rick was a class-act all the way - nice work!

FORT Fanatic

Hubert got robbed. I wanted him to win. I like Rick too, but Hubert was my favorite right from the beginning. I'm glad that Michael didn't win. He seems like an a*s to work with.

FORT Fan

I've really enjoyed TC Masters! Thanks for a great season. I didn't have a particular favorite coming into the finale, but when I started watching tonight I really wanted to see Rick Bayless win. Congratulations to Rick!! All three chefs finished well, and I appreciate their classy exit.

FORT Fanatic

Finally got to sit down today and watch the finale. I am very happy to see that Rick Bayless won. Not that it really mattered who won. the way these top chefs interacted and respected each other made for a very classy reality show in a world of phoney, vulgar, insipid reality shows. thank you Top chef.

Vindication! Hooray that Rick won.

I can understand why both Chiarello and Bayless both beat out Keller, a shocking twist IMO, as he was the man to beat.

Two out of four of Hubert's dishes had a dated quality to them. His second course was supposed to be the one that made him decide to be a chef, which naturally would've been from a long time ago. And his third course, representing his first restaurant, similarly stayed back in that decade long ago. Plus both of those courses had a mousseline component. All very '70s and '80s.

The judges didn't seem to want faithful renditions of those old dishes, but a new one that brought forth memories of the original. Chiarello's fish dish was similarly mired in replication mode. If he had updated it, Chiarello might have beaten Bayless, as the judges were beside themselves over his short ribs, gnocchi and polenta dishes.

Anyway, I hope they repeat it in a year or so. It is so fascinating how into TC all these prominent chefs are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast