+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top Chef 6 - 8/19 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 6 - 8/19 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3670156;
    Too many people to start. I don't remember, do we have this many each season?
    This is the biggest starting group yet, 17. I think last season there were 16? Anyway yeah, way too many. I probably won't get the names straight until we get down to 12. But I already know who likes the juice.

I wish Wolfgang Puck could be there every week. He killed me throwing that bacon doughnut. Between Wolfgang and Jay Rayner, there is no need for Toby Young to be affiliated with Top Chef ever again.

Mattin and his kerchief are adorable, but ladies can be more than pastry chefs.

I'm surprised Preeti didn't get reamed by her teammates for her clam shucking failure.

Mike I. may go far away until he learns not to be an obnoxious jerkwad.

I think the girl with the "ce-veech" affectation will be around a while.

I'm not sure how I feel about all the gambling/game show twists, but I hope at some point we see Monty Hall.

Masters ruined this show for me, as I kind of hate everyone so far, except the guy who won, Robin, Hector, and Ron.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wonder if "red kerchief guy" has a large collection of them? That just seems so stupid to me. Please don't let him wear one on every show. It reminds me of the dogs where the owners keep them decked out in them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Those lip rings make me wince.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3670759;
    I kept yelling at her- It's cevich-Ay

I think she won because of her Eric Ripert connection.
    It's gotten easier for me to "sniff out" the keepers as early as episode 1 as well. She's going to go far, and probably should.

It's the season of the rebel chefs, evidently. Judging by the piercings and tattoos on display.

The only thing about the girl with the Eric Ripert connection (Jenn?) is that it means he won't be on till she is eliminated....boo!

Wolfgang cracked me up with his comments, he can come back and be a judge anytime he wants.

The two brothers are over rated, I didn't care for them (over rated in their own minds).

I'm glad the girl with the giant spacers got sent home, those things were seriously grossing me out. All I could think was "what if the lobe snapped while she was cooking?" Disgusting.

I sort of love the Haitian guy but I think he had no idea what a vice was. I like his accent, not sure about his cooking skills yet.

Seems to me that they stepped up the ability level this season, these chefs actually seem like real chefs who for the most part know what they are doing. I liked this first episode, haven't liked a first episode in a very long time.

chefs actually seem like real chefs who for the most part know what they are doing.
    I disagree in Preety's case. Any chef worth their weight for this show, should know that shucking oysters & clams are different skill sets. Heck, I know that.

The thing I liked about Top Chef Masters was that everyone acted professional and helped each other. With this show the stupid drama and back stabbing will be back so I don't look at alot of these people as real chefs.
    I think the right person went home. Her chile looked as gross as her earrings. I have a hard time looking at the other lady with the facial piercing too, everytime she came on screen I thought 'ouch'!

What is going on with all the body art some on it was a bit much at least Kevin keeps his under his jacket. I do have a hard time with folks who over board and put stuff on their neck. That's all I stare at it is quite a distraction. That being said, I wonder if they have new editors the pacing and the quality of the film seemed very off.

I must say that Mike Isabella may become the villain of the season especially if I hear any more "old lady" comments. For someone so arrogant I was glad that Jen beat him in the quickfire challenge and that Kevin beat him in the first big challenge.

Not a bad start. It can only get better.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

I can't believe the judges let the plate with the donut go by. Let's see...a hockey puck donut, a decent tasting dipping sauce AND....ONE PIECE OF BACON????? A PIECE OF BACON??? Not a dish cooked WITH bacon...a stinkin' slice of bacon!! Never seen anything like that before, that I can recall.

Declare Your Independence Passepartout's Avatar

Well it seems that scallops have passed on here.
    For the first show as scallops, along with dessert is a curse on the show!
    Nudge Nudge Wink Wink!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123