+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Isabella - Top Chef: Las Vegas

Michael Isabella - Top Chef: Las Vegas

Michael Isabella

HOMETOWN: North Jersey – currently resides in Washington, D.C.
    PROFESSION: Executive Chef, Zaytinya
    CULINARY EDUCATION: Self-Taught
    FAVORITE SIMPLE SUMMER RECIPE: Squash Blossoms

Michael is the Executive Chef at Jose Andres’ nationally-renowned Greek-Mediterranean restaurant, Zaytinya, in Washington, D.C. He honed his culinary skills along the East Coast – first working at a number of fine dining establishments in New York City, then at Alma de Cuba, Washington Square and a host of Stephen Starr restaurants in Philadelphia before landing at Kyma, a top-notch Greek restaurant in Atlanta. There he learned the slight flavors and nuances of Greek cuisine and went on to travel through Greece and parts of the Middle East where he picked up more tricks of the trade. Octopus is his favorite dish to prepare, and the five ingredients he always has on hand are olive oil, sea salt, lemon, dill and chives.

Link to Bravo Bio Page
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 08-18-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Re: Michael Isabella - Top Chef: Las Vegas

OK, I'm already over him. His cockiness last night was not warranted. And what was that he said about how "a woman was not supposed to be able to shuck clams like that"? Ugh...I'm ready for him to go now.

Kao

I really, really can't stand him. No redeeming features whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3671079;
    OK, I'm already over him. His cockiness last night was not warranted. And what was that he said about how "a woman was not supposed to be able to shuck clams like that"? Ugh...I'm ready for him to go now.
    Ah. Did you miss the prequel to that? Where when he first met that woman earlier in the episode, when he learned where she worked he asked if she was "The Pastry Chef" there (a less ambitious, less skilled, subservient, more pigeonholed as "female" role)?

He's a pig supreme. Either that, or he's decided to play it up for the cameras big time. Unfortunately he also appears to be very skilled, so I think we're stuck with him for the long haul.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

lol, you noticed the pastry chef comment

i was shocked nobody took offense to that

the guy is a tool, you can already see him in a preview (at least how it appears) that he talks smack to tom colliccio

maybe it's all editing, because he been getting alot of camera time...they could easily have chopped up that pastry chef comment

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

If we're lucky he'll go soon especially since he did get a lot of face time. What a chauvinist!!!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

He reminds me of Frank from The Apprentice (L.A. season, when the losing team had to camp in the backyard). And not in a good way, if there is such a thing.

But he appears to be a talented chef.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3675533;
    lol, you noticed the pastry chef comment

i was shocked nobody took offense to that

the guy is a tool, you can already see him in a preview (at least how it appears) that he talks smack to tom colliccio

maybe it's all editing, because he been getting alot of camera time...they could easily have chopped up that pastry chef comment
    They didn't create that comment via editing. Editing can occasionally unfairly make someone look worse by putting something out of context. But there's really NO context to make most of what this guy is saying look any better.

He's clearly a slimeball. Episode 2 didn't really make him look much better.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I agree, Krom. He needs to go...and soon.

God, this guy is an arrogant, whiny baby. First, he gets all pissy last night because he didn't get in the Top 3 for the Quickfire Challenge and Jennifer does. Then, he can't understand why he was in the Bottom 3 last night. Um, hello, it was YOUR idea to work in teams of 2, and then you go and do your own dish while your "teammate" does his own (and wins the challenge, thankyouverymuch!). On top of that, the dish wasn't that good, apparently!

*praying to the Top Chef gods*... Please send this guy home SOON...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast