+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Isabella - Top Chef: Las Vegas

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Michael Isabella - Top Chef: Las Vegas

Heard a bit of Ryan Seacrest's show yesterday in the early afternoon (east coast time). He said he likes to play this game: "What Reality TV Show Contestant Would I Like To Taz"

Mike I . . . . you get my vote hands down!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

When you're done, LS&S, I'll get a couple of shots in myself...just in case, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3688666;
    First, he gets all pissy last night because he didn't get in the Top 3 for the Quickfire Challenge and Jennifer does.
    Yeah, he actually had a couple of moments I thought he was doing okay. But his comment about Jennifer being a "favorite" really pissed me off. Those were two different guest judges who picked her dishes, dude.

I also thought he would have learned something from Ashley getting crucified over a 2nd dish in the name of wanting to fill a void.

Still. A. Pig.

He really resents the pretty blond for being competent, doesn't he? He NEVER lets it go...

Also, the editing made it seem like it was his idea to make her the non-cooking Executive Chef. I think he did that not to give her a chance to shine, as he implied, but rather more because if she'd fallen on her face (or if 3 or 4 people cooked badly, or if the kitchen ran badly, or whatever), then his little mental picture of her not possibly being qualified to run a professional kitchen would be satisfied.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Kao

This man absolutely repulses me. It's not even fun to watch him. And why on earth does his face always look dirty?

His comments are so mean spirited that I dislike him and wished he had been eliminated last night instead of Preeti. Now that would have been funny and well deserved.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I DO have to admit that as we see more episodes, while his comments remain repulsive sounding, it DOES look like his main target, Jennifer, seems to accept his comments as humor. She's reasonably friendly with him.

Then again, a LOT of his sexism about her (other than that initial "are you the pastry chef" comment) seem to be being expressed in the confessional interviews, not to her face.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Yeah, I agree that his private comments seem to be aimed at her. But that's because she's the only woman who is putting up a real fight so far.

I think that Mike I. has a general sexism against women in the chef's kitchen, but it can't be denied that he has a ton of talent as a chef. I wonder if he will be any more humble if he ends up in a bottom-3 situation like last week. He seems to be someone who is doing great when nothing is wrong, but tends to fold like a wet napkin when something IS wrong. It will be interesting to see another situation where Jennifer is Top 3 and he is Bottom 3...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

I tend to disagree - I don't think Mike I has much talent at all. The last few buddy challenges he picks a "V" brother and skates thru on their coattails and takes credit when credit isn't due to him - anyone can make a recipe if instructed by someone but few can create and inspire a new dish - something he seems to have little talent to do or the balls to try to pull it off....

I'm tired of him - he needs to go and SOON!!

He is certainly not being set up to win fan favorite in his edit!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast