+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Top Chef Masters 8/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef Masters 8/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I've only seen 3 episodes of this show. I've never watched Top Chef before.
    But, I'm really enjoying this, as it seemed - up until this episode - less about drama.
    I'd be perfectly happy to visit any of the three's restaurants, but I think I'd be most happy at Hubert's.
    For those who've watched this show before, how often do they do the Masters show? Is this the first one, or do they do it every year?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

This was the first Masters show. I think it was a great idea and a lot better than an "All-Stars" of previous contestants. I watch another one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3661525;
    I think Anita was probably worn out. When did her restaurant burn down? I wonder if it was in the middle of this, because that would take alot out of anyone.

Also, I think Hubert got a mixed review from the crowd because they were not as familiar with his dishes, while Rick's Mexican dishes were fairly norm buffet/Mexican and more familiar. The critics could tell more about what he did and most importantly, HOW MUCH, his team did. Really, how hard is it to make several different guacamoles and an ice cream?

I'm leaning a little more to giving Michael some slack on the interview process. Someone else mentioned elsewhere that Michael asking the cheftestants his name was to see if any of them were familiar with him, i.e. his palate & coooking, and to see if they could be good little worker bees. I still think the cutting carrots was a bit much, because he should know that these guys know what the heck they're doing (unless they're Casey cutting onions).

And Richard is now & forevermore on my douche-bag list. In fact I'm kinda glad that Lisa beat him in S4 finale.
    I so agree. Michael I didn't have an issue with it. If the Chef's didn't know his name then how could he be sure they knew his food stylings? I also didn't have an issue with him calling Dale young man. If he didn't know what his name was should he have called him? Small little man with large ego?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fan

I really liked Anita but I think she was ready to go. I really thought she might win it all, but she seemed very tired or disoriented the last 2 episodes.

I was surprised that Anita went with the raw bar idea. Michael & Art were both "spoken to" about cooking their food. Other episodes, a ceviche or other raw item has not impressed the judges because it wasn't actually cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3663720;
    This was the first Masters show. I think it was a great idea and a lot better than an "All-Stars" of previous contestants. I watch another one.
    Many thanks.

I'd definitely watch this show again. I especially liked the lack of "drama" so prevalent in all the other shows.
    I've only seen previews of the regular Top Chef. It just looks like too over the top for me and I don't like the host.

Michael Chiarello was on the Today show.
    Kathie Lee asked him about the drama with Top Chef and whether it's all staged. Michael didn't really respond.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456