+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top Chef Masters 6/24 Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef Masters 6/24 Discussion **Spoilers**

I have not tasted heart, tripe, or pig's ear, but tongue is delicious. I guess I feel that way because I've had pickled or smoked tongue since I was a little girl. In NYC, it came from the deli on a platter, sliced just like corned beef or pastrami, or roast beef, so it never occurred to me at the time what it really was. If you like corned beef or pastrami from the deli, you will like tongue.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

That was the most disgusting episode ever. I'm adventurous and still wouldn't want to try any of it. Yuck.

I was thinking I might actually try that stuff if it had been prepared by this group!

I'm glad Rick Bayless won. I liked his positive attitude. I also have one of his cookbooks and it is my go-to whenever I make flan!! In fact, I may have to make some this weekend....YUM!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3526710;
    I was thinking I might actually try that stuff if it had been prepared by this group!
    That is the ONLY way I'd even come close to any of it.

Made me want to become a vegetarian. Was at the store tonight and put down a slab of meat I had in my hands in remembrance of this episode.

Still, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the show. I am particularly enjoying how competitive the chefs are becoming. I appreciate the series for two reasons....I love seeing the food they cook. It all looks sooo good. I think only a handful of Top Chef contestants from all seasons combined produced work even remotely close to this caliber.

Second, I appreciate more than ever what the regular contestants have to go through. It's even taking down the big guns in a big way.

Can't wait to see how the guest judges handle being back in the judges seats next season.

Declare Your Independence Passepartout's Avatar

Well we miss judges like Tom C, and Gail S.
    And yes that British guy, I can take!
    Nudge Nudge Wink Wink!

Neurotic is the New Black Tximistarri's Avatar

I am a vegetarian, and this episode was a bit much for me, both in terms of the elimination challenge food and some of the chefs' attitudes. Rick seemed pretty down-to-earth, and I was glad he won.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123