+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef Master 6/10 Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal26;3494666;
    I'm really loving this show. It was nice to see how the chefs just embraced the challenges rather than whining about having to cook for kids or not being able to showcase their skills. Hubert, the most experienced of the four chefs, totally got into the challenges. His use of the communal shower for the pasta cracked me up! (but also grossed me out a bit) I'd eat at any of their restaurants in a heartbeat!
    You and me both! I was rooting for Hubert because I've loved him from the first time he was on season one but I had to try to calm my skeeve relexes when he brought that colander full of pasta into the shower.

I loved watching the camaraderie between the four chefs.

I too was both impressed/grossed out by the pasta in the shower. I only too well remember dorm bathrooms from my own and my kids' experiences. Not pretty. Back in my college years, one could get a hefty fine if caught with a hot plate in their dormroom. I know we had a mini-fridge that was illegal and kept covered with a tablecloth all the time! Microwaves weren't even around then!

From the previews it looks like the lady judge has many hats!

I think this will be an interesting show. Glad I tuned in for it.

I love this show. I love Hubert Keller's Mac N Cheese it looked good enough to crawl through the tv to get,lol. I actually liked this more than the original show.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Thanks for all the updates. I just started watching from the west coast and missed the first 30 minutes so I am a little confused as to who is who and what has happened, but will catch on eventually. I love this show and am happy to see all of you back on with me! Hopefully I will catch a rerun later this week. I can't record, so rely on those reruns...

Add me to the list of those who loved this show. I'd happily eat most of their dishes, and I loved Hubert. That mac 'n' cheese with prawns had me ready to cook it and eat it then and there. This is one reality show I will watch.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Missed the show, dang it. Will it re-run tonight?

old cow

I also enjoyed this show! I agree with other posters, it was nice to just see the commrodery (sp?) between the chefs and each of them simply loving what they do.

I liked the guy from Texas but i had a feeling he wouldnt make it to the next round. I sooo totally agree that the French guy...Hubert i think his name was....deserved to win! His dishes were just looked EXCELLENT!

From the previews it doesnt look like this happy get-along-with-everyone vibe is gonna last.

old cow

Oh and on a side note..

Does anyone find it ironic that this is show about cooking and the host of the show (i cant remember that girl's name) looks like she hasnt had a meal in 3 months!! OMG can this girl get any skinnier!!! Did anyone actually see her eat any of the dishes the chefs prepare??

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I really liked this show. Since many of these chefs have been judges in the past, it is good for them to see what the chefs go through. The critics were way nicer to the chefs than the normal judge's table.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Great show! Like seeing experienced chefs going back to where some of these newbies are too proud to admit that they've come from. I've always hated it when the less experienced chefs (but think that their you-know-whatty" doesn't stink) crab and moan about something like cooking for judging kids. These guys were impressive.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast