+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Masters - News & Speculation

Top Chef Masters - News & Speculation

Breaking News - BRAVO DISHES PREMIERE OF "TOP CHEF MASTERS" WEDNESDAY, JUNE 10 AT 10 PM | TheFutonCritic.com

24 World-Renowned Competing Chefs Revealed Along With Guest Stars Neil Patrick Harris, Zooey Deschanel, Morgan Spurlock, And For The First Time Together All "Top Chef" Winners

NEW YORK - April 7, 2009 - Calling all foodies: it's time to salivate! "Top Chef Masters," the spin-off series of the Emmy and James Beard Award-winning No. 1 food show on cable, "Top Chef," will premiere on Wednesday, June 10 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. The judges' table has finally turned - and we'll see what happens when these top chefs are now on the other side. "Top Chef Masters" will pit 24 world-renowned chefs against each other and see how well they fare in the tried and true format of "Top Chef." In each episode, money will be at stake for the chefs, with the winners of eliminations being awarded cash donations for their charities. The first six episodes will consist of four chefs competing against each other to name one winner. The six winners of each episode will then meet up for the final four weeks when one person will get eliminated each episode until the finale where one winner is crowned Top Chef Master. The winning chef will receive $100,000 for the charity of their choice.
    Contestants:
    - Rick Bayless - Frontera Grill, Chicago, Ill.
    - Wilo Benet - Pikayo, San Juan, Puerto Rico
    - John Besh - Restaurant August, New Orleans, LA
    - Graham Elliot Bowles - Graham Elliot Restaurant, Chicago, Ill.
    - Michael Chiarello - Bottega Restaurant, Yountville, Calif.
    - Michael Cimarusti - Providence, Los Angeles, Calif.
    - Wylie Dufresne - wd~50, New York, N.Y.
    - Elizabeth Falkner - Orson, San Francisco, Calif.
    - Hubert Keller - Fleur de Lys, San Francisco, Calif.
    - Christopher Lee - Aureole, New York, N.Y.
    - Ludo Lefebvre - Ludo Bites, Los Angeles, Calif.
    - Anita Lo - Annisa, New York, N.Y
    - Tim Love - The Lonesome Dove Western Bistro, Fort Worth, Texas
    - Rick Moonen - Rick Moonen's RM Seafood at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas, Nev.
    - Nils Noren - French Culinary Institute, New York, N.Y.
    - Lachlan McKinnon Patterson - Frasca Food & Wine, Boulder, Colo.
    - Cindy Pawlcyn - Mustards Grill, Napa Valley, Calif.
    - Mark Peel - Campanile, Los Angeles, Calif.
    - Douglas Rodriguez - Alma de Cuba, Philadelphia, PA
    - Michael Schlow - Radius Restaurant, Boston, Mass.
    - Art Smith - Table Fifty-Two, Chicago, Ill.
    - Suzanne Tracht - Jar, Los Angeles, Calif.
    - Jonathan Waxman - Barbuto, New York, N.Y.
    - Roy Yamaguchi - Roy's Restaurants, San Diego, Calif.
    The lineup is full of heavy hitters, so it'll be interesting to see how the chefly egos submit to being judged by reality TV standards. Also I just want to see them cook; hopefully these folks will be better able to handle a vending machine/gas station challenge.

So will they be less whiny, or whinier than the regular contestants?

Re: Top Chef Masters

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3487549;
    So will they be less whiny, or whinier than the regular contestants?
    I have a feeling all-too-many of them will be a cross between Howie, Spike and Marcel.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I am sooo watching this because I want to see John Besh go down in flames. I ate at one of his restaurants in New Orleans (not August but Luke--"u" with an umlaut) and it was crap-tastic. I've had better steaks at Western Sizzlin.

I'm looking forward to seeing Cindy Pawlcyn (who coined the term "Pepper Monkey" for David/Season 1), and Nils Noren (the Swede who had Reggae bands and didn't like Sara's Chicken Frickasee in the S3 semifinals). I also love Rick Bayless, he should be fun.

That's a long list of competitors! It's going to be interesting keeping track of everybody during the season.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3487806;
    I am sooo watching this because I want to see John Besh go down in flames. I ate at one of his restaurants in New Orleans (not August but Luke--"u" with an umlaut) and it was crap-tastic. I've had better steaks at Western Sizzlin.
    Woohoo! This should be a great show, these Master Chefs are not going to like being judges and having their food criticized. Can't wait for the drama to begin .

John Besh had such a smug attitude on The Next Iron Chef, so I'm sure he will be equally as annoying on this show .

Are the judges the same as on the regular Top Chef series? I don't see how Padma qualifies to judge these fine chefs. I wonder if she will "spit" out any of the dishes they prepare. Sorry, but I can't stand Padma....I can't believe they haven't come up with a replacement for her yet.

The judges for Top Chef Masters are different chefs than on the regular Top Chef series.
    "Padma" for this series is Kelly Choi.

Here is a link to the Top Chef Masters bio page: Top Chef Masters - Bios - Bravo TV Official Site

*I just noticed that it says season 1 on this link, maybe they have plans for more seasons of TCM .

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3487806;
    LOL, I have to agree on Besh, I am NOT a fan at all. however there is a godo line up of talent there and I can't wait to watch
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3488292;
    The judges for Top Chef Masters are different chefs than on the regular Top Chef series.
    "Padma" for this series is Kelly Choi.

Here is a link to the Top Chef Masters bio page: Top Chef Masters - Bios - Bravo TV Official Site

*I just noticed that it says season 1 on this link, maybe they have plans for more seasons of TCM .
    Awh! Thank you! I will be watching for sure now!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3488066;
    Woohoo! This should be a great show, these Master Chefs are not going to like being judges and having their food criticized. Can't wait for the drama to begin .

John Besh had such a smug attitude on The Next Iron Chef, so I'm sure he will be equally as annoying on this show .
    Can't wait to see this- some of the master chefs won't ever let anyone tell them their food sucks. I predict hearing a lot of "bleep" during the program.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast