+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Finale Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Re: Top Chef Finale Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Dot-Calm;3349638;

I forgot how much I enjoyed Fabio on the show, I hope he gets his own program.
    I loved how Fabio would pronounce every word exactly the way it was spelled. He pronounced the b in lamb and called Eric Riepert "Eric Rye Pert"
    CYA

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3351733;
    I loved how Fabio would pronounce every word exactly the way it was spelled. He pronounced the b in lamb and called Eric Riepert "Eric Rye Pert"
    Best line ever:

"Monkey ass in an empty clam shell" ~Fabio Viviani

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dot-Calm;3350310;
    Can we post links, or text from another site here? I will err on the side of no.

I guess Casey had a lot of not so nice things to say about Carla to a site or magazine called SideDish. :nono

If you have ever been to Dlisted, Michael has the article a a few entries down.
    Major ouch! Sooooo unbelievably unprofessional.

Read Casey's comments.

Wow.

This woman has some serious problems.

And I DO mean, SERIOUS.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I never cared for Casey on her season, thought she was a bland and mediocre chef at best and was glad she choked and lost in the finals. Still, didn't care enough for her to have any opinions on her. Now, she absolutely sucks. One of the most classless contestants ever. Its even more aggravating when Carla has been very gracious since the finale by begging people to stop blaming Casey. Honestly, Carla just doesn't seem to have a mean bone inside of her. I just can't imagine anyone insulting Carla the way Casey did. Even if some of the stuff Casey said its true, which I have my doubts, she could have presented things much more professionally. Now, she's just complete sour grapes.....and quite frankly, by saying that, I'm being reserved and generous.

I just read the comments. I didn't like Casey on her season and I like her even less now. I agree with the PP who said that the sous chefs were not equivalent at all. Richard and Marcel are both FAR more talented than Casey.

It's not really Casey's fault that Carla lost. It is Carla's lack of confidence that brought her down. And Casey did not really help on that.

But Casey's comments are entirely her own fault. Shame on her. And now it looks like she thought "she" was competeing for the top spot. I can understand being defensive, people were blaming her for Carla's downfall, but that is no reason to attack Carla.

Richard and Marcel wisely realized they were "helping" someone, not competing themselves.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3351733;
    He's got a great personality. Either Bravo or the Food Network would be crazy to not give him a show.

FORT Fogey

I finally got to watch the full finale this morning. As far as Carla goes, I think that the exact thing that I admire and respect in her is what did her in. I love Carla's humility. I REALLY admire the way that in talking about the souffle not working, she took full responsibility. We've seen so many chefs over the years who'd claim that the oven didn't work, or that the sous chef was supposed to turn the heat down, or whatever other excuse they could possibly come up with. But Carla stood up and accepted the responsibility for being in charge. I LOVED that about her.

But, i think that same humility did her in. Instead of looking at Casey as a very skilled helper, I think that Carla was too "in awe" of Casey. We've seen over and over again that Carla looks at the skill of anyone she encounters as something to look up to ... not over to. So instead of saying "This is what I'm making, and this is what I need you to do" she seemed to look at having Casey to work with as getting help from someone better than her. Humility is a great quality to have in life, but I think that Carla showed us why it doesn't necessarily belong in the kitchen.

Hosea might have won, but Stefan owned him. Even after winning he had to say that beating Stefan was the icing on the cake. Dude, you won. Let it go!!! He probably will end up being as much of a tool as Ilan seems to be.

+ Reply to Thread