+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 1/21 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Top Chef 1/21 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3286227;
    I think more stuff than kissing went on. You don't get THAT awkward over a kiss.
    My thoughts too, they probably kissed more than a few times and slept on the sofa together, the entire night.

Leah was lucky she survived last night, she and Radhka both should have gotten the boot last night. Don't think being on a winning team should save anyone, nope, that is not fair.

The freezers, what the heck is up with them being broken, seems like this has happened more than once this season.
    Last edited by graycat11; 01-22-2009 at 10:37 AM.

I predict Leah or Carla leaving next week, Leah I hope. Carla had better step it up.

Fabio isn't that great a cook, he is mainly a charmer.

After they all talked about how the burners weren't working, the oven wasn't working, and the refrigerators weren't working, Stefan was told that he won a set of appliances just like the ones in the TC kitchen. I'll bet he was overjoyed that he was going to get some really big crappy stuff for his home.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3286363;
    After they all talked about how the burners weren't working, the oven wasn't working, and the refrigerators weren't working, Stefan was told that he won a set of appliances just like the ones in the TC kitchen. I'll bet he was overjoyed that he was going to get some really big crappy stuff for his home.
    The appliances used last night were at the Restaurant Wars location, Bridgewaters venue, not the TC kitchen.

I said it at the beginning of this season; I don't like Leah. She goes dead in the eyes sometimes. It's kind of creepy. And the passive aggressive way she and Hosea got rid of Adriane was kind of icky. Everybody in the house seems to think the same. I know it is all edited, but what was that gesture Fabio made to Hosea's face at the start of the show? It looked pretty nasty and seemed to be a reference to Hosea colluding with Leah. This season has been kind of weak, especially the restaurant wars episode. Leah owes big time to Fabio and Stefan. She was as bad as Rhadika, but Fabio being in front and Stefan working completely on his own, as he always does, saved her.

FORT Newbie

I thought Leah should have gone home or at least up for elimination since her food was undercooked. I like Carla. I thought her explanations were goofy, but I'm glad she stayed.

My favorite chef is this season is Fabio.

I think Fabio's will be the heartbreak elimination of this season. I like him, and I think he is a great chef, but he hasn't played the game well. I wouldn't be surprised if Leah lasts longer than she is supposed to (she should have been gone after that dish last night). She will be around for drama.

FORT Fogey

Kao, yes. I got the impression that Leah and Hosea did waaay more than just kiss. Whether they actually had sex is irrelevent, they came close enough to bring out those emotions. They were both rattled to the point of barely being able to cook.

In the opening scene, Fabio stuck up for Ariane mentioning they threw her under the bus. He is charming and good man. His dishes are just not wowing them and the preview eludes to him possibly being eliminated. They telegraphed Rahdika going so they are not concerned about tipping their hand, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3286461;
    Kao, yes. I got the impression that Leah and Hosea did waaay more than just kiss. Whether they actually had sex is irrelevent, they came close enough to bring out those emotions. They were both rattled to the point of barely being able to cook.
    The judges liked Hosea's braised ribs, though. It was only his sushi appetizer that was bland. So I don't know if their canoodling really affected him as much.

However, I believe there is some sort of rules that cheftestants aren't allowed to get intimate. Unless that's changed, I doubt they went any further than some kissing and touching.

NOT that I condone it by any means. Even if they were single, they're here for a cooking contest, not to hand out roses.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3286461;
    Kao, yes. In the opening scene, Fabio stuck up for Ariane mentioning they threw her under the bus. He is charming and good man. His dishes are just not wowing them and the preview eludes to him possibly being eliminated. They telegraphed Rahdika going so they are not concerned about tipping their hand, apparently.
    I think Fabio has great ideas, just not great ideas for a competition. If there was a challenge to design a menu that folks would actually pay to eat (like the stadium challenge from NFNS), Fabio would cover his costs. I think he'll be quite successful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast