+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Top Chef 1/14 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Top Chef 1/14 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by angelwings;3283091;
    I can be wrong but I bet the producers (who also have a say in who is sent home) wanted to keep Leah and Hosea for the drama (the couple with significant others). I thought Padma really looked like she felt bad when she called out Ariana to go home. It seemed to me the judges were leaning away from Ariane. I was a fan of Leah but the way she let Ariana take the fall for the group was disgraceful, she tied the meat and wouldn't had owned up to it if Ariana hadn't mention it. Either Hosea or Leah should had been sent home, Ariana definitely got the crap end of the stick in this scenario.
    The producers do not have a say in who is sent home. They are consulted with. In other words, the judges tell the producers who they plan on sending home, and the producers may give them input on behind the scenes shenanigans. They also have to make arrangements to have them picked up, have decoys in place to confuse spies, and various other production items.

Padma did not want to send Arianne home, I agree. But just because she looked sad, it shouldn't be assumed that the other judges were of the same mind. And Tom is the head judge; what he says goes.

FORT Fogey

Re: Top Chef 1/14 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3285481;
    The producers do not have a say in who is sent home. They are consulted with. In other words, the judges tell the producers who they plan on sending home, and the producers may give them input on behind the scenes shenanigans. They also have to make arrangements to have them picked up, have decoys in place to confuse spies, and various other production items.

Padma did not want to send Arianne home, I agree. But just because she looked sad, it shouldn't be assumed that the other judges were of the same mind. And Tom is the head judge; what he says goes.
    The disclaimer we see each week stating that Bravo has a say is a routine contract item on all reality TV. Tom has said, many times, that the judges have the total and final say. Bravo is in agreement on this. Bravo is pleased at how this show has turned out. He has also said that they are unaware of any behind the scenes drama. They are often surprised when they view the show at the same time we do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789