+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 12/17 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: Top Chef 12/17 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I knew they weren't going to send anyone home. I felt it in my gut. Blandianne!!! Perfect! I can't believe she gets away with such dumb moves. Deviled eggs are not a dish! Next time she has immunity and makes something that's that easy, they should send her home anyway!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I would not be surprised if next judges table they send 2 chefs home.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The themes this year seem unusually hard and/or strange. And it is the judges own fault for uninspiring dishes. When Blandianne keeps winning for keeping it simple, what do they expect?

I suspected and reading the Leanne's Top Chef blog had it confirmed that noone went home because of the fridge debacle. While only one that was affected by it ended up in the B3, the other chefs spent time helping those affected to the detriment of their own dishes. So the challenge was flawed.

So yeah, it would make sense that two go home next week.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3255624;
    The themes this year seem unusually hard and/or strange. And it is the judges own fault for uninspiring dishes. When Blandianne keeps winning for keeping it simple, what do they expect?

I suspected and reading the Leanne's Top Chef blog had it confirmed that noone went home because of the fridge debacle. While only one that was affected by it ended up in the B3, the other chefs spent time helping those affected to the detriment of their own dishes. So the challenge was flawed.

So yeah, it would make sense that two go home next week.
    Poor Melissa. It is a shame that they were not able to get her more brie. There is such a huge difference between Brie and Gorganzola. I was impressed that she didn't stand before the judges and whine how her brie was ruined.

I like Gene and am glad her didn't go home. He should have listened to Martha's quote for the elimination challenge- keep it simple...

I used to like Jamie a lot more, then I realized that so far, you don't need teeth to eat her food. Now, I can't get that out of my mind.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fanatic

In Arienne's defense, she took 6 geese-a-laying a little too literally.

overall I think it was a sucky challenge and was surprised that more that 3-4 of them could pull it off.

I have to say though overall, it was one of my favorite episodes.

It was really refreshing to see them all pull together as a team when disaster struck. I think that is what made the episode for me.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3255831;
    It was really refreshing to see them all pull together as a team when disaster struck. I think that is what made the episode for me.

Me too. In a big way. I was especially charmed by Jeff and Steffan. Jeff, because he isn't as shallow as I would think a self-proclaimed surfer boy would be and Steffan, because while he's a competitor, he's a fair competitor and more than that, he knows that at the end of the day, he doesn't kick someone when they are down.

I am loving this season and its precisely for the comraderie we've seen so far.

FORT Fan

The cheftestants came together beautifully this episode. Loved that!

I really enjoyed Martha as guest judge. She took time to interact with each one, and talk with them about their food. She didn't make assumptions, such as when she asked Eugene about how he thickened his broth. And she gave reasons as to why she liked or didn't like a dish.

Who is John Galt?

This season we have seen much less combativeness and more comraderie among the contestants. Altho, the group seem to be filled with fewer top notch chefs, they are nicer than in seasons past. Plus, I really like some of the personalities like Fabio (charming), Jeff (adorable), Hosea (sweetheart), and Ariane (nice lady).

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;3255793;
    overall I think it was a sucky challenge and was surprised that more that 3-4 of them could pull it off.
    I agree, this challenge was hard and unfair to some. The chefs that picked a gift that had something to with birds (ex. 3 French Hens, 7 Swams a-Swimming) were luckier than, say, the chef who got 10 Lords a-Leaping.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast