+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Melissa - Top Chef: New York

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa - Top Chef: New York

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3249952;
    Dennis the Menace makes Top Chef. Who knew?
    Funny. All I can say is "What the heck???"

This poor girl does not get how beautiful she is. While they are in NYC, they should send Melissa over to What Not to Wear.

Nick and Carmendy would whip her into shape.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3250906;
    Funny. All I can say is "What the heck???"

This poor girl does not get how beautiful she is. While they are in NYC, they should send Melissa over to What Not to Wear.

Nick and Carmendy would whip her into shape.
    I so agree. She doesn't have to lose her style either; she just needs it ramped up the sophistocated hip chick scale a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3249952;
    Dennis the Menace makes Top Chef. Who knew?
    I totally made my way to Jax tonight to see if Hosea was working and while talking to him back by the open kitchen (dork, I know....see his thread for the whole embarrassing/so glad I did it story!) I mentioned something about them both being on it and he said 'oh, she's here, see' and pointed her out. She had that same green hat on and all I could think was "DENNIS THE MENACE!!!!" Luckily she was frantic on the line and didn't look up or I might have said it out loud.

This poor girl does not get how beautiful she is.
    Jexter's right, she's really very pretty in person if you can ignore the stupid hat.

I did NOT tell her to cut her bangs, sorry Shoepie! She was way too busy for a groupie like me, besides, I was getting my dork on with Hosea
    Last edited by Jamie5632; 12-20-2008 at 02:47 AM.
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3255210;

I totally made my way to Jax tonight to see if Hosea was working and while talking to him back by the open kitchen (dork, I know....see his thread for the whole embarrassing/so glad I did it story!) I mentioned something about them both being on it and he said 'oh, she's here, see' and pointed her out. She had that same green hat on and all I could think was "DENNIS THE MENACE!!!!" Luckily she was frantic on the line and didn't look up or I might have said it out loud.

Jexter's right, she's really very pretty in person if you can ignore the stupid hat.

I did NOT tell her to cut her bangs, sorry Shoepie! She was way too busy for a groupie like me, besides, I was getting my dork on with Hosea
    I read the post in Hosea's thread! Thanks again for taking the time to write up a summary! I really appreciate it.

People with long hair who work in kitchens are required to put their hair up in some way - different states have different laws about whether a hairnet is explicitly required. It appears to me that she wears a hat to keep her hair up. I don't think she needs to worry about being beautiful while she is working - she needs to keep her hair from falling in the food. If she has found that the cap works well, and that turning it around keeps it from restricting her vision, what's the big deal? This is Top Chef, not America's Next Top Model.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3256220;
    People with long hair who work in kitchens are required to put their hair up in some way - different states have different laws about whether a hairnet is explicitly required. It appears to me that she wears a hat to keep her hair up.
    Alright, but wearing a backwards baseball cap is far from the most efficient way to keep hair from falling off your head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234