+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Top Chef: New York

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa - Top Chef: New York

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton;3245698;
    Tom is such a pussy. I've eaten a raw habanero, I think he can take a little spice. The big problem with the show is the fact that the judges are only interested in European food. Yes, Hung cooked Asian food, but he didn't cook real Asian food. He didn't use all of the ingredients that they do in the best places in China. If he did, the Judges would've eliminated him, because it'd be just too strange. They can't take it when a contestant uses a bizarre/unorthodox ingredient, and that pains me. I guess I'll have to deal with having our highly Americanized chefs.
    Are we watching the same show? Tom appreciates unusual ingredients and praises those who step outside tradition.

Melissa would have been better off if she had just admitted that she had made a mistake, making the dish too hot.

I would have booted her for the "But I really want to be here!" plea. They all want to be there or they wouldn't have signed up. I'll learn from my mistakes is fine, but don't boot me because I don't want to go is lame.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Lame excuse as to why she wanted to stay plus the most boring personality of the bunch (she seems strung out most of the time) equals meh.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3246121;
    Melissa would have been better off if she had just admitted that she had made a mistake, making the dish too hot.
    Absolutely. It was clear she didn't taste her dish. I am stumped that she used habaneros on several levels. She was feeding the Today show staff, #1. Serving something hot is aways a risk since palettes vary so wildly in that arena.

FORT Newbie

My god her bangs are so distracting. Each time I see it on the episode I think of Jim Carrey in the movie Dumb and Dumber. It looks like she used a salad bowl and trimmed it herself. Other than that, you should never use habaneros chili in cooking unless it is for a hardcore chili head. I would never serve it in to the general public unless your restaurant is billed as spicy foods.

I was thinking the same thing last night about her bangs!! I wanted to grab some scissors and give her hair some shape!! Straight across bangs do not look that great unless they are somewhat whispy or curled under (which would mean they aren't straight)!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Looks like she listened to your guys' complaining about her bangs....

HOT. MESS.

Dennis the Menace makes Top Chef. Who knew?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3249442;
    I was thinking the same thing last night about her bangs!! I wanted to grab some scissors and give her hair some shape!! Straight across bangs do not look that great unless they are somewhat whispy or curled under (which would mean they aren't straight)!
    I have been humming about her bangs since day one. She thinks they look good, apparently. She is not compelling TV viewing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast