+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jeff - Top Chef: New York

Re: Jeff - Top Chef: New York

Well, it's all in the eye of the beholder. To me, he's a sex object (and a lovely one too!), while Fabio is not. He's charming, but I could care less to see Fabio's flabby mid-section.

"Sex object"?? Possibly. I never liked Jeff's wink during the show's opening credits and from the first time I saw it I knew he'd be portrayed as the sexy dude of the cast. Let's face it, he's not too hard on the eyes but I hate the way reality shows characterize/pigeon hole their cast members.

That said, I appreciated Jeff's comments in the interview. He was honest and probably correct in his assumptions about everything and I don't think he burned any bridges behind him by revealing his views.

Although I love Tom I think that at this point in the competition he already had chosen his favorite (Stefan). He thought Jeff was much more of a threat to Stefan than Fabio so he pushed to get rid of him while he had the chance. JMO

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3296581;
    Although I love Tom I think that at this point in the competition he already had chosen his favorite (Stefan). He thought Jeff was much more of a threat to Stefan than Fabio so he pushed to get rid of him while he had the chance. JMO

It'll be interesting to see what happens.
    Hmm...I hadn't thought about it from that angle, but that does seem very possible...

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3296187;
    Well, it's all in the eye of the beholder. To me, he's a sex object (and a lovely one too!), while Fabio is not. He's charming, but I could care less to see Fabio's flabby mid-section.
    They're BOTH sex objects. It was awful that the judges had to pick between our two sex objects for this season. I found the whole experience traumatic.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3297237;
    They're BOTH sex objects. It was awful that the judges had to pick between our two sex objects for this season. I found the whole experience traumatic.
    Now that's the fun-luvin' attitude a show like this should provoke! I, too, think both Richard and Fabio are pretty steamy, but the attraction came to me differently for each of them.

Fabio's charm was immediate. His in-your-face friendliness, sexy accent, and good-humor was captivating from the get-go. As time went on, however, it got a bit stale for me.

Richard, on the other hand, didn't do it for me at the beginning. I appreciated the fact that he is good looking, but he was so quiet that he struck me as kind of boring. However, as time went on, it was clear to me that there is more going on with him than he lets on. I think he is just a very intense person who processes things internally. He's like my son.....I have to feel for his pulse to make sure he's still with us most of the time, but the kid is always listening, thinking, and processing. Same with Richard.

If I could choose who to spend time with, it would be Richard because I think he'd be much more interesting to talk to. I think we've already seen the depths of Fabio, but we have only scraped the surface with Richard.

On a related note....I think Richard and Arianne seemed to connect a bit. They both had maturity and moral standards about how to handle themselves in the intense Top Chef environment. I was/am impressed by those two a great deal.

Richard took his loss sooo hard. Too hard, I think. For me it was clear he shined as a chef, but alas. I think Carla hit it on the nose....he has a hard time reigning in all that he wants to do. I don't think he has anything to be ashamed of....unlike the guy who made smores (ok and Arianne making deviled eggs; I'm sure she regrets that one).
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-30-2009 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3297308;
    Now that's the fun-luvin' attitude a show like this should provoke! I, too, think both Richard and Fabio are pretty steamy, but the attraction came to me differently for each of them.

Fabio's charm was immediate. His in-your-face friendliness, sexy accent, and good-humor was captivating from the get-go. As time went on, however, it got a bit stale for me.

Richard, on the other hand, didn't do it for me at the beginning. I appreciated the fact that he is good looking, but he was so quiet that he struck me as kind of boring. However, as time went on, it was clear to me that there is more going on with him than he lets on. I think he is just a very intense person who processes things internally. He's like my son.....I have to feel for his pulse to make sure he's still with us most of the time, but the kid is always listening, thinking, and processing. Same with Richard.

If I could choose who to spend time with, it would be Richard because I think he'd be much more interesting to talk to. I think we've already seen the depths of Fabio, but we have only scraped the surface with Richard.

On a related note....I think Richard and Arianne seemed to connect a bit. They both had maturity and moral standards about how to handle themselves in the intense Top Chef environment. I was/am impressed by those two a great deal.

Richard took his loss sooo hard. Too hard, I think. For me it was clear he shined as a chef, but alas. I think Carla hit it on the nose....he has a hard time reigning in all that he wants to do. I don't think he has anything to be ashamed of....unlike the guy who made smores (ok and Arianne making deviled eggs; I'm sure she regrets that one).
    You mean Jeff, though, right? Not Richard? Richard WAS the guy who did the smores.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3297237;
    Jeff is prettier, but Fabio is more charming and has the cuter personality. I think that is the reason they let Jeff go and kept Fabio. It seemed to me that Jeff's dish was not as off-putting as Fabio's, but Fabio is better TV so he got to stay. Besides, from what I read on another site, Jeff was ready to leave. He missed his wife.

Sex object? This guy had a perpetual sour look on his face and a grumpy personality to boot. Nothing sexy about it.

Jeff, sex object? Nooooo, but he is very good looking. Fabio, no way.

FORT Fogey

Love 'em both, but Jeff is doing it for me more than Fabio.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast