+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jeff - Top Chef: New York

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Jeff - Top Chef: New York

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleMom;3223009;
    Am I the only one that reads the name of his restaurant as something possibly "adult" in nature?
    Thats ok.. I read it and thought of the Love Boat.. The Lido Lounge.. gah Im old!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

A world where 115 is healthy, 120 is plus sized and 125 is morbidly obese

That makes (I lost count) of us. Can you say vibrator? Anywho, he can go far, but I think he'll suck his way there, as Spike and Lisa did.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shelton;3234753;
    That makes (I lost count) of us. Can you say vibrator? Anywho, he can go far, but I think he'll suck his way there, as Spike and Lisa did.
    Snap! Now that's some good snark! He won't last as long as Lisa or Spike IMHO. His priorities aren't "top chef" priorities.

Who is John Galt?

The eye candy of the season and evidently a pretty good chef too.

I didn't like Dr. Chase, I mean Jeff, in the first episode but he seemed much more humble in the Foo Fighters ep. He's growing on me.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I didn't like Dr. Chase, I mean Jeff, in the first episode
    I think of Chase every time I see Jeff too!

FORT Fogey

I guess he will survive on his leadership skills for awhile. He is going to have to wow them with his food at some point or he won't be able to hold on.

I'm with Terena and shoepie . . .

I was really underwhelmed with Jeff (Chase . . . yada, yada) when I laid eyes on hiim/heard him in the first ep.

But the leadership skills ARE a big plus, and yep, with his apparent honest humility in the Foo show (and NOT dipping his team in the grease), I did feel myself being drawn to him.

He IS going to have to produce a "Sweet Lord, take me home, that was GREAT!" meal, or he's gonna be out of there. I think he's got that in him to be able to do, but . . .

For me, he DOES need to lay off the "In MY restaurant, I'm used to having things . . ." mantra/mindset, though, 'cause I've noticed that, and am not really wild about it. Confidence is great and a necessary thing --- ESPECIALLY in a situation like this, I believe. But on Top Chef, he is fresh meat, just like everybody else. And there IS a difference between confidence and arrogance.

I think the Cougars' loss took him down a little, which was a good thing. He handled himself very well at Judges' Table. Now, if he can use that loss to keep himself and his mindset on point and in balance (AND produces a stellar meal), he might just stick around awhile.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I think the show's grueling pace really throws off many (if not all) of the contestants. Even some of the best chefs may turn in less than stellar work because they have a hard time with the speed with which things need to be accomplished. Plus, cooking for some of the best must be intimidating.

Jeff seems to be having a hard time with this and I think it is interfering with his ability to show the judges his best work. I kind of like his up-front, no apologies style. I hope he finds a groove with all this and wows both us and the judges.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3242327;
    I think of Chase every time I see Jeff too!
    Me three.

Although, I have to say... I get a little weirded out everytime he winks during the intro.

Nevertheless, he seems to be a real contender; he has good leadership skills and has made some interesting dishes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast