+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jamie - Top Chef: New York

FORT Fogey

Re: Jamie - Top Chef: New York

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3255351;
    Jamie doesn't strike me as defensive at all. I think she's taken the judges criticism very well. My thoughts are that she is very frustrated because she can't seem to win challenges despite landing in the top 3 so often.

Ans, I think she beats herself up when she makes a mistake or loses. I look at her behavior as insecurity rather than defensiveness.
    I totally agree. I like her, too.

Sorry, not a Jamie fan as she is so defensive. And also she seems to be after poor Arianne.
    NFL PreSeason 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout;3258846;
    Sorry, not a Jamie fan as she is so defensive. And also she seems to be after poor Arianne.

How so? She and Arianne work together and Jaime tastes stuff for her. If anything, she has helped Arianne. Not saying you should like her, but the only negative thing I can associate between the two is when Arianne won the elimination challenge on seasonings that Jaime and Rahika had done.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

Ariane seems to be a mentor or motherly figure to Jaime more than anything else. It seems as if Jaime finds comfort in the experience and compassion that comes with age. Where food is concerned, I imagine they learn from each other.

Another thing to keep in mind is when we see them at the judges panel, it is after they have been sitting for hours with nothing to think about but how well or poorly thier dish turned out.

So if you didn't get many ribbons, good chance you are in the bottom three. Jaime had plenty of time to stew over it and beat herself up. Eugene, apparently never believes he will be in the bottom three. So I doubt he beats himself up.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout;3258846;
    They are close, have bonded and enjoy working together. This was mentioned in one of Ariane's diary talks.

How so? She and Arianne work together and Jaime tastes stuff for her. If anything, she has helped Arianne. Not saying you should like her, but the only negative thing I can associate between the two is when Arianne won the elimination challenge on seasonings that Jaime and Rahika had done.
    Ariane won because the judges were impressed with how well she cooked the lamb. They did not say it was because of seasoning. We only see a brief moment in the judging process and for all we know they thought the other two dishes lacked the wow factor. The lamb was bathed in a typical Indian marinade, quite common and a flavor familiar to them. They could have disliked the texture of Jamie's puree for all we know. They often debate the winner for hours; they take it seriously. If a win confuses us it is because the edit missed the point. It happens. As the numbers dwindle we see more of the judging process, too.

They support each other and both taste the others food. Jamie is not Ariane's taster.

shoepie, I should have mentioned that they both taste each others food. They have something of a partnership which is why I was surprised at the comment that Jaime was after poor Ariane.

In the Judges blogs they have said that Jaime and Radhika should have spoken up about their contributions on the dish. It is implied that they may have ruled differently, but Ariane was the winner of the challenge and nothing should be taken away from that. Just that the judges didn't have all the information when they made thier pick.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3262130;
    shoepie, I should have mentioned that they both taste each others food. They have something of a partnership which is why I was surprised at the comment that Jaime was after poor Ariane.

In the Judges blogs they have said that Jaime and Radhika should have spoken up about their contributions on the dish. It is implied that they may have ruled differently, but Ariane was the winner of the challenge and nothing should be taken away from that. Just that the judges didn't have all the information when they made thier pick.
    Thanks, I thought I had read the blogs, I usually do. I didn't know that they thought the seasoning was Arianes. That would have made Radika the winner if that was key, she made that marinade I think.

I think it was Jaime who had the idea, Radhika who did the majority of the seasoning, and Arianne cooked it. I agree that had the judges known who did what, Radhika would most likely have been the winner.

FORT Fan

So, I have to admit... I really could not stand Jamie at first, but she's grown on me the past couple of episodes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast