Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hosea - Top Chef: New York

Hosea - Top Chef: New York

Hosea

HOMETOWN: Taos, NM

RESIDES IN: Boulder, CO

POSITION: Executive Chef, Jax Fish House

CULINARY EDUCATION: Self-taught

FAVORITE SIMPLE RECIPE: For spring: Sea scallops with morels, asparagus, potato puree and Madeira cream sauce.

BIO: Hosea has been the Executive Chef at Jax Fish House in Boulder for the past four and a half years. During his tenure at Jax, he has won numerous awards including Best Chef at the Denver International Wine Festival (2006, 2007) and is the seven-time, undefeated winner of the Flatiron Chef Competition. While pursuing his BS in Engineering Physics from the University of Colorado at Boulder, Hosea worked at a variety of restaurants from diners to fine dining establishments. It was only after he graduated in 1997 that he realized he wanted to change course and become a professional chef. In 1998 he began working for Wolfgang Puck and got his first job as head chef just three years later. When it comes to food, quality ingredients, integrity and focus are paramount to Hosea.

Top Chef New York - Bios - Official Bravo TV Site
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-22-2008 at 05:52 AM.

Re: Hosea - Top Chef: New York

I hope that he goes to the very end! He and Gene a right up there with Sam, Leah, Tre and Harold for my pre-show favorites.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

This guy, Stefan, and Tom... too many naked heads in one season.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3236606;
    I hope that he goes to the very end! He and Gene a right up there with Sam, Leah, Tre and Harold for my pre-show favorites.
    I forgot Leann in season 1 too
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

So I lost my bid to have our office holiday party at Jax, but managed to get us all there for drinks after dinner. One person had to go to the bathroom, I went with her, saw Hosea out in front of his line and went back to the group like a complete dork gushing that he was actually there. My DH actually went back to him, said I was a huge fan and got an autograph for me, came back with it and said 'wow, he was really nice, you really should go talk to him' I tried, but he was back in the kitchen. He then came out and was sort of by us, so I started talking to him. He is way too sweet!! He said he watches to see what ends up on tv out of 11 of them prepping for three hours with a camera in their faces and how it was weird to see really cool things not even mentioned and some really cool people not get any camera time at all. I said how I liked that he and Melissa seemed like such a team, like when she came back from judge's table and he hugged her and told her that he was so glad she was still there. He said that he was kind of disappointed that they don't show more of the interaction between him and Melissa and the Boulder connection. I mentioned that I noticed that they did show when he was talking about flirting with Leah and saying he has a girlfriend back in Boulder. He laughed and said "HAD a girlfriend back in Boulder" I countered with 'so the flirting with Leah was more than flirting....' and he just laughed and said "I'm just supposed to say 'watch what happens next' when anyone asks about the show", which cracked me up. He is way too sweet (I know I already said that, but he really is) and funny and says that people come in all the time looking for him and he really appreciates it. Later I got the nerve to go back to the line and ask for a picture I said something about Melissa and he said 'she's right there, did you see her?' She was working like mad back in the kitchen with her "dennis the menace" hat on that someone mentioned before but didn't look up or anything. Which was fine, I was really there for Hosea

I was with my coworkers who now think that I am a complete nerd, but it was totally worth it. He laughed about how they filmed all summer and it would cost him a million dollars every time he told someone what happened, but if he had ten million dollars he would tell me who won. I am now rooting for him more than ever! One guy I was with who doesn't watch the show mentioned that everyone on reality tv seems to get a story and I said no worries, he was getting the sweetie edit. He asked if I still thought he was getting that and I said he had to be, everyone pulled together last episode to save his dish after the fridge was left open and how cool it was that he still got top three after that. He groaned and said the dish would have been so much better with the tenderloin, but that they really all did care about each other and that he thought it was cool of everyone to step up for him and Radhika but they did it for Ariane and plating the week of Gail's shower, that was just how much they all cared. I ended with how I was really rooting for him and that I would try really hard not to stalk him from my office three blocks away. He laughed and said 'come on back any time, I'll take my fifteen minutes for as long as I can as long as I can still cook!'

GO HOSEA!!

Wag more, bark less

That's a really great story, Jamie. He seems like a really nice and down-to-earth guy.

I wonder if he really left his girlfriend for Leah though? Urk.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3255224;
    I wonder if he really left his girlfriend for Leah though? Urk.
    If the reunion show doesn't answer that, I will march down there the day after and ask!
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3255205;
    So I lost my bid to have our office holiday party at Jax, but managed to get us all there for drinks after dinner.....
    GO HOSEA!!

Thanks for sharing this Jamie! That was very nice of you!

Hosea seems as nice as on tv. When the show is over and he can dish, maybe you can get some of the great unaired stories he talked about.

He really seems like a great guy. That was a great story! Thanks for sharing.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Great story, thanks for sharing! Sounds like you had a lot of fun and a night you will remember for a long time.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast