+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fabio - Top Chef: New York

FORT Fogey

Re: Fabio - Top Chef: New York

Fabio had the first course and what he made was logical and fit the catagory perfectly. In Sams case his one dish was up against the other finalists who cooked something. They just didnt think he went the distance to wow them. When down to the final 3, things heat up.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3240135;
    Fabio had the first course and what he made was logical and fit the catagory perfectly. In Sams case his one dish was up against the other finalists who cooked something. They just didnt think he went the distance to wow them. When down to the final 3, things heat up.
    Things heat up, cute.
    I guess, but I agree with what the previous poster said about certain noncooking techniques requiring more skill than cooking. I just don't think applying heat to something should be the big test of a chef's skill.

Fabio vs Sam. Fabio did the beef, but also added some tricky olives that wow'd the judges. Also, he was doing a appetizer which has different expectations than a main course or solo dish. And no matter what, doesn't matter what you are doing, if it is seasoned perfectly, I doubt they have a problem with it. Corn soup was in the best category, because the cook seasoned it in a way that wow'd the judges.

And a bit more on topic for me, I love Fabio, hopefully he doesn't become totally annoying.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3241963;
    And a bit more on topic for me, I love Fabio, hopefully he doesn't become totally annoying.
    Me too. I love the accent and he has an adorable personality. Seems like he is a cooks well too. He's kind of my favorite right now.

FORT Fogey

I really like this guy. What an outrageous flirt! He knew damn well to say right off the boat instead of his studied right out of the boat. He pushes the language barrier to enhance his adorable factor. And it works!

I used to work in a multi-national company with a adorable italian guy. He was a little less outgoing than Fabio, but their charm factor's are both similar. And apparently they both make a great Tiramisu!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3245327;
    I really like this guy. What an outrageous flirt! He knew damn well to say right off the boat instead of his studied right out of the boat. He pushes the language barrier to enhance his adorable factor. And it works!
    He really makes me laugh and seems like someone I'd want to hang out with. I love his accent and how he butchers phrases.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3245327;
    I agree, he's adorable. I thought he'd be arrogant and snobbish, but he's really entertaining.

FORT Fan

He can flirt as outrageously as he wants, I'm sold. He's cute enough to get away with it

FORT Fogey

The think about Fabio isn't just his accent, it's his demeanor. He's well-mannered, naturally happy, and flirtatious (with all people - not just women). Accent or not, anyone with his personality is by definition, a charmer.

+ Reply to Thread