+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Fabio - Top Chef: New York

Re: Fabio - Top Chef: New York

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3926301;
    I didn't think Fabio had an ego at all -- that was his buddy Stefan.

I don't get Bravo's thinking -- of course Chef Academy wasn't going to work, because it was a tired concept, and the chef they picked to star in it had zero charisma. But Fabio is a known Bravolebrity, with a popular following. A show with him and Chef Academy would seem like apples and oranges to me.
    I agree. I miss having Fabio on my TV. I think he & Stefan were a fantastic duo, very entertaining, egos or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3926515;
    I agree. I miss having Fabio on my TV. I think he & Stefan were a fantastic duo, very entertaining, egos or not.
    ITA, Fabio and Stefan were awesome!! Stefan was the one with the ego.

As far as Chef Academy ... I watched it and have no clue why ... it really was LAME.
    KAREN

FORT Fan

Both Fabio and Stefan thought too much of themselves. Stefan did not try to hide it, he flaunted it and had some talent to back it. Fabio would simply pull the wool with his cutesy act. I did not find it endearing at all. Everytime he came on TV I would roll my eyes.

Chef Academy actually had a decent cast (the contestants). They were all interesting. The chef who "graduated" the contestants was a dud. And his secretary was nails-on-chalkboard.

FORT Fogey

Fabio and his accent are cute n' all, and he really has great juju - positive and uplifting. But....I couldn't stomach a full show with him as the host.

I, too, liked Chef Academy...both the contestants and the French chef. They need to tweak that show in a few ways, but I'd watch again either way.

+ Reply to Thread