+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny - Top Chef: New York

Danny - Top Chef: New York

Danny

HOMETOWN: New Hyde Park, NY

POSITION: Chef De Cuisine, Babylon Carriage House

CULINARY EDUCATION: C.I.A. Hyde Park

FAVORITE SIMPLE RECIPE: For summer: Fresh calamari salad with pepper, red onions, fresh garlic, lemon, lime, pepper, salt to my liking

BIO: Danny currently serves as the Chef de Cuisine at the Babylon Carriage House, one of the most popular restaurants in Long Island, NY. He is best known for his Italian/Asian Fusion style of cooking. Danny was influenced by his grandmothers at a young age to cook from the heart and keep family in mind. After graduating from the Culinary Institute of America, he worked for several restaurants including East By Northeast, Harvest on Fort Pond, and Pacific East where he gained invaluable knowledge that made him an asset in any kitchen. His motto is: "No Guts, No Glory, No Gold!"

Top Chef New York - Bios - Official Bravo TV Site
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-22-2008 at 05:51 AM.

Re: Danny - Top Chef: New York

I was so distracted by his awful facial hair that I really didn't catch anything he said or anything he cooked.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3235578;
    I was so distracted by his awful facial hair that I really didn't catch anything he said or anything he cooked.
    You didn't miss a thing. The talked like a thug and duplicated a salad that Wolfgang Puck created and has been serving for 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3235610;
    You didn't miss a thing. The talked like a thug and duplicated a salad that Wolfgang Puck created and has been serving for 20 years.
    I actually laughed when Tom mentioned that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop;3235578;
    His facial hair is really distracting. What's with the little hairless areas on either side of his mouth? It looks like mutton chops with a goatee and a little isthmus connecting the two.

FORT Fogey

His specialty, Italian-Asian fusion sounds so wierd it has to be either gawd-awful and absolutely wonderful. I hope it's the latter because I like the guy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3239409;
    His specialty, Italian-Asian fusion sounds so wierd it has to be either gawd-awful and absolutely wonderful. I hope it's the latter because I like the guy.

LOL! oh god, I agree. What a combo.

FORT Fogey

I see him as being doomed. His personality and intelligence level is not going to get him much further. If he thinks Donald Trump is the "most richest and powerful man in NY (something close)", he does not have what it takes.

A world where 115 is healthy, 120 is plus sized and 125 is morbidly obese

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3245274;
    I see him as being doomed. His personality and intelligence level is not going to get him much further. If he thinks Donald Trump is the "most richest and powerful man in NY (something close)", he does not have what it takes.
    And if he says that in front of Tom, he will be super pissed. Tom thinks he's the most powerful man in NYC.

I'm so glad he was the one eliminated. I could not get over his muttering about if he'd chosen to 'throw someone under the bus'. Whatever. The judges were very clear and specific how each of the 'New' team members messed up.

Unless there was something major we didn't see (it's possible) I can't think of anything that he could have said about the other two, that would have made a difference.

Plus, he strikes me as the type who would have thrown them under the bus, if he'd had anything to say.
    "Whatever you think you can do or believe you can do, begin it. Action has magic, power and grace in it."-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast