+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Carla - Top Chef: New York

Re: Carla - Top Chef: New York

Quote Originally Posted by ladylisa;3347865;
    I don't want Carla to win I want one of the guys to win. She just came out of nowhere with all the love in her food give me a break hehe They all are cooking and put there love in the food. I think they are better as a Top Chef. JMO
    Carla didn't come out of nowhere, she found her footing as the show went along and wound up winning several huge contests- she also garnered top praise from Jaques Pepin. IT's not by accident or happenstance she wound up in the final three. She earned it due to talent. People who laugh at her comments about love miss the point, she wanted to prove (and she did) you could be on a cut throat show and do well without being an arrogant, cut throat blow hard, unlike her two co-finalists. She never stopped being kind, funny, classy and talented.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3294139;
    I totally agree with you and I love their personalities, too. But, isn't this suppose to be a cooking competition? Oh, yeah, maybe it's not. *scratches head*
    They should consider personality or personal behavior toward other contestants and the judges as one of the deciding factors. I'd love to see a season in which acting like an arrogant a** means demerit points (as it plays to lack of professionalism).

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3350694;
    In all fairness, this is a recent second career for her. So her second-thinking herself and nervousness is more understandable than if, say, she had 10+ years of experience and regularly worked as head chef in kitchens like Stefan and Fabio. Remember the dessert episode when the freezer broke? It threw Carla off, but Stephen was like "Meh", grabbed a ton of ice and sat his dessert right on top of it, and it chilled correctly. Fabio messed up his finger and simply had them wrap it up while he continued to cook. Those are things you learn when you've worked in a kitchen for a long time and have had every crazy scenario happen to you. With more years of seasoning, Carla will be there too.

*sigh* Oh Carla...we're all still hootie-hooing for you, girl!

It takes a certain amount of self confidence to jump into a second career so I give her props for that. YOu make some great points. And yes, I am hootie -hooing for you Carla, as well! In some ways I think she came out the big winner as her talent and behavior combined was so refreshing and obvioulsy affected a lot of viewers positively. Hosea, well, he's like so many other young men, full of arrogance and way too much testostorone. The alpha dog match between Stephan and Hosea was so tiring and redundant. We've all seen it a million times before. So, to that, Carla was a joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3350222;
    Casey took the opportunity to completely trash Carla this morning in the nastiest way possible on the blog Sidedish.
    I just read what Casey wrote - it absolutely made me feel ill. I always thought of Casey as a class-act, but it's clear that underneath that "professional", "sweet" exterior, lies a very nasty soul.

Anyways, by the end of the dinner service, it was obvious Carla wasn't going to win.

I was really rooting for her. I hope this isn't the last we see of Carla.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3353085;
    It takes a certain amount of self confidence to jump into a second career so I give her props for that. YOu make some great points. And yes, I am hootie -hooing for you Carla, as well! In some ways I think she came out the big winner as her talent and behavior combined was so refreshing and obvioulsy affected a lot of viewers positively. Hosea, well, he's like so many other young men, full of arrogance and way too much testostorone. The alpha dog match between Stephan and Hosea was so tiring and redundant. We've all seen it a million times before. So, to that, Carla was a joy.
    But what was also telling was that Stephan was the one sympathetic and willing to give Carla a hug both in front of judges panel and later in the waiting room and Hosea did nothing. In my book Carla and Stephan are way ahead of Hosea.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3354474;
    But what was also telling was that Stephan was the one sympathetic and willing to give Carla a hug both in front of judges panel and later in the waiting room and Hosea did nothing. In my book Carla and Stephan are way ahead of Hosea.
    I agree. I started out as a Hosea fan but when he and Leah steamrolled Arianne, I lost all interest.

As time went on and I watched the videos on Bravo, it is clear that Steffan, for all his confidence is the most compassionate of the bunch.

And, Hosea's personality is flat as a pancake. Steffan is much more entertaining.

After his support of Carla in the finale, I am now an unapologetic fan of Steffan's. I hope Steffan pops up in future Top Chef episodes over Hosea.

LG.

I really liked Carla - wishes she would have cooked her own food more for the finale. I hope the good exposure she got on this show helps her career. Hoootie Hoo!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Casey has posted a response on a blog saying that she was "taken advantage of" by an aquaintance on Facebook looking to create controversy. She doesn't however deny the things that she said about Carla, who, as far as I know has been nothing but gracious towards Casey. Keep taking that higher road girl.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3356702;
    Casey has posted a response on a blog saying that she was "taken advantage of" by an aquaintance on Facebook looking to create controversy. She doesn't however deny the things that she said about Carla, who, as far as I know has been nothing but gracious towards Casey. Keep taking that higher road girl.
    I saw that earlier. She's an awful creature and a liar to boot; she put the same information in the interview on her facebook status, and someone screencapped it before she changed it. If what you say is true then she's changed her story AGAIN because this morning she claimed that someone called her to talk about the finale but she didn't realize that it was "on the record" and the person was actually going to post what she said. Meanwhile, Sidedish site stands by their story; they contacted her for an interview, and she talked to them.

This girl doesn't know the meaning of "take responsibility for one's actions."

FORT Regular

Casey is blaming a Facebook friend for her interview on Sidedish? Shuddup Casey.

I have zero doubt that Carla will simply be Carla, ignore the article and continue to be the exactly who she is.

She is one of those very few people I have watched on reality TV who really seems to be exactly who she is.

It took me awhile to "get her", but once I did I liked her.

+ Reply to Thread