+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Carla - Top Chef: New York

FORT Fogey

Re: Carla - Top Chef: New York

Last night broke my heart! The title would have been hers if she just stuck to what she knew! I'm still a fan and I know she's going to fulfill all her dreams!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hope she has finally learned (and been convinced of the wisdom of) a strong lesson. Trust yourself, Carla. You've proven that when you do, things work out for the best; I also hope she realized that until you do learn the lesson that you need to know, you are destined to repeat your mistakes until you finally "get it"! I thought that your eyes had finally been opened.

Hootie Hoo, and keep on truckin', Carla!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kao

Casey took the opportunity to completely trash Carla this morning in the nastiest way possible on the blog Sidedish. Despite the venom this witch put out, this was Carla's response to what went down:

I really enjoyed working with Casey. I actually really wanted to work with her, I thought that we would connect. And I did not consider that it was Casey’s fault. You know, at that point we had all just given so much, and I was so emotionally exhausted. Going into that second finale, after winning the first one, I was on a high, but then we’re cooking again the next day. So when they said we had help, I was like, oh my god, I get help, and I just gave her too much power. She didn’t take it from me, I gave it to her.
    I would love to give [Casey] a call to see how she’s taking all of this. I hate for her to get the brunt of it. If I could get on a loudspeaker and tell the whole world and everyone who watches the show, I would tell them, ‘Don’t blame Casey.’ I take full responsibility.
    A class act to the very end. This is seriously making me bawl. Food Network, please give this woman a show. I would watch it. :cry

I'm glad that Carla gets that what happened was her (Carla's) fault. Sounds like personal growth is imminent.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Sometimes being receptive and nice will destroy you! I get that she respected Casey's opinion, but it is just sad that Casey didn't know best in this situation. It is tough to take responsibility for something when you were just following the suggestions of others! I hate that! But it takes a big person to not whine about it.

Carla is 44 years old, and should have learned her lesson on listening to her inner voice a while ago. I fully expected to see that she was in her early 30s, based on her naivete, when I went back and read her bio. Well, better late than never, I guess. I'm just hoping that she's believing it now. I still like her very much.

Kao

In all fairness, this is a recent second career for her. So her second-thinking herself and nervousness is more understandable than if, say, she had 10+ years of experience and regularly worked as head chef in kitchens like Stefan and Fabio. Remember the dessert episode when the freezer broke? It threw Carla off, but Stephen was like "Meh", grabbed a ton of ice and sat his dessert right on top of it, and it chilled correctly. Fabio messed up his finger and simply had them wrap it up while he continued to cook. Those are things you learn when you've worked in a kitchen for a long time and have had every crazy scenario happen to you. With more years of seasoning, Carla will be there too.

*sigh* Oh Carla...we're all still hootie-hooing for you, girl!

Yeah, but this is a life lesson....one that you learn from living.....not a kitchen lesson. And if it is a "kitchen lesson", well....bless your heart........

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3350384;
    Carla is 44 years old, and should have learned her lesson on listening to her inner voice a while ago. I fully expected to see that she was in her early 30s, based on her naivete, when I went back and read her bio. Well, better late than never, I guess. I'm just hoping that she's believing it now. I still like her very much.
    she lacks self confidence, she knows that as she's talked about it. She knows she messed up and is willing to own it.That's a lesson most people never never learn, taking personal responsibility. she's going to continue on her own personal journey toward total self -confidence. For some the journey is easy, for others it takes many steps over a long period of time. In other areas she's light years ahead of a good deal of the population when it comes to having a genuinely open heart, graciousness and a kind spirit
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3350052;
    Last night broke my heart! The title would have been hers if she just stuck to what she knew! I'm still a fan and I know she's going to fulfill all her dreams!
    I really dfon't look at it as a loss. I actually believe Carla will be the chef who reaps the most rewards from this experience based on her wonderful character, `love' and skills. Thera are a million chefs out there like Hosea and Stephan, full of over- confidence, arrogance and total lack of manners.
    To me Carla must be a great chef since she earned the highest praise from the likes of Jaques Pepin, the egg guy (sorry, can't think of his name) and the the french guy(total brain freeze on everyones names). She's the whole package, in my mind and I think a show built around her would be a good idea.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

+ Reply to Thread