+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Carla - Top Chef: New York

FORT Fogey

Re: Carla - Top Chef: New York

I would love to see Carla's old modeling photos! I'm just curious!
    And I really adore Carla! I think she makes the show this season and I love that she is winning all the challenges with great prizes! I never thought she would make it this far, but I'm rooting for her till the end! I don't like the other guys still in the competition. They are both scumbags and they look like twins!

Love her! One of my favorite reality show contestants, ever.

It'd be great if she pulled off the win!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

I <3 carla! She's so sincere and funny- and humble! I hope she wins eventhough it looks like they're setting us up for a Stefan victory.

I'm rooting for Carla all the way to win tonight!
    Ain't Love Grand!

FORT Newbie

I don't want Carla to win I want one of the guys to win. She just came out of nowhere with all the love in her food give me a break hehe They all are cooking and put there love in the food. I think they are better as a Top Chef. JMO

FORT Regular

Just as I was wondering if there was anyone out there who didn't love Carla, I saw the above post. How can you not love her?! She didn't come out of nowhere -- if I remember correctly, she was in the top three in the second episode. But what I remember most from the early episodes was her kindness, especially to Arianne. She is the most likeable contestant among a fairly likeable group and, according to the judges, she's made some great dishes. I hope she goes all the way.

Hootie Hoo, girl!

We're wishing you the best tonight!

Ditto, to what BurnThis said.

For me, Carla's kookiness truly stuck out at first, but I noticed her warmth and kindness, as well. Then, she began to hit her stride and gain confidence, and became --- at least based on what I saw (from what was shown) and how I choose to interpret it --- pretty consistent in turning out dishes that looked great and that the judges seemed to love. As I observed her more, her kookiness, seemingly genuine warmth and sense of humor grew on me, as well.

Food is a very powerful thing. I would hope that anyone that calls him/herself a chef WOULD put their love (whatever that is or means for each individual) into what they cook. But, to me, it's not a bad thing to be a chef, put your love into what you're creating for others to consume, yet be a nice, warm, yes, kooky person who also has a sense of humor, too.

I think you can be a chef and be kind, and kind of off-center likeable, too.

I really hope Carla wins!

And even if she doesn't, she still made one heckuva positive showing and impression on me, and a few others, too, I think!
    Last edited by ness; 02-25-2009 at 08:21 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Carla Carla Carla.... stick to your guns!

As soon as she started taking Casey's suggestions, I knew she was done for. I was really hoping that she'd pull it off for the win.

Carla is a beautiful spirit, however, last night didn't prove to me that she second guesses herself too much, on the contrary, I think she works too hard at not making others feel bad. It truly seems as if she was more concerned about hurting Casey's feelings if she rebuffed her ideas than she was about cooking the meal she wanted to cook. I know people like her. They don't like to ruffle feathers, sometimes to their own detriment. Casey clearly overstepped her bounds. It came off as if she were trying to once again compete in the finale. Carla doesn't seem to have it in her to say "back the hell off and follow my lead". Hopefully the best thing that could happen for Carla is that she lost this thing, and it was taped and will be replayed zillions of times as a reminder that it's okay to say "no" and follow your own instincts. Those instincts are what make her an awesome chef. She will do fine, and her business will likely take off now. She hopefully learned a valuable life lesson, and it only cost her $100,000 and the title of Top Chef. It costs some people a heck of a lot more to learn that same lesson.

+ Reply to Thread