+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Carla - Top Chef: New York

Re: Carla - Top Chef: New York

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3309898;
    I'm at the age in life where I get past things waaayyy easier than I did when I was younger.

Carla's food may not be the best, but....it certainly isn't the worst, and she does serve it with love. In determining what makes life enjoyable, a dinner by Carla would do it for me more than a dinner by, let's say Steffan.

There is a family-run bakery near my home with really great stuff. However, it is painful for me to give them my hard-earned money because they are rude and impersonal. It starts my day in a significantly negative of way, and I just don't want to go back.

I'd rather have decent + "love" than great + "a-hole". The former makes my day happier more than the latter, and therefore it is more valuable to me.

I know this is against the grain, but meh. Who cares. I'm too old to deal with dissent, too.

I hope Carla keeps serving her food with love.
    Jexter, I totally agree with you. There is a restaurant across the street from my work and I eat there almost every day because I like the way it feels going in there and most of their food.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ;3310504;
    I agree with the sentiment, but how often do you actually speak with the person who cooks for you in a restaurant? If the love ain't showing on the plate then it's not going to be worth my hard-earned dollar. I don't care if the chef is an a$$ as long as his food is good and I don't have to speak with him!

I remember the soup nazi on Seinfeld, he was obnoxious to everyone but they keep coming back because the food was great.

Carla for the win!

Seriously, I could not be happier now if Carla stole the win away from Stefan.

Who is John Galt?

I love Carla and hope she wins. She adheres to the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid) and it has helped her thus far. I doubt she'll win, but I have enjoyed her light-hearted, delightful personality this season. She doesn't sweat the small stuff and has competed in an above board manner. Go Carla!

I'm so glad she won the car last night. She's won two of the best prizes this season-those Super Bowl tickets and that car. Loved her dancing in the airport at the beginning of the episode.

Carla all the way! Hootie Hoo!!!

LG.

I loved her gawky run when she'd won the car and was running up to the judging table for the keys. She has such great energy and enthusiam. I'd love to see her win.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey

I would absolutely LOVE to see Carla take it all (but if not Carla, then Hosea - no way do we want Stefan to satisfy his ego by being able to claim the prize).

FORT Regular

I went to sleep while it was on, and made sure I got up in enough time to watch it before I came to work this morning, and I was so happy that Carla won!!!! And then she cried and I cried for her!!!! She came kinda out of nowhere and has been like BOOM!

I hope she wins!!!

Yea for Carla! I was so happy to see her win the car!! I know she's been underestimated and after last night's show, it's clearer to me and her peers that she could win it all.

Like many of you, I love her personality and her simplicity-with-love approach to food so I'd be ecstatic if she won! Go Carla
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

What a refreshing personality! I adore this woman, and I adore her approach to cooking and her approach to life. I think she came into her own and revealed why she is a great chef once she settled down and allowed hersaelf to trust her instincts. Cooking with love and joy doesn't hurt, either! She is bringing the goods, too. I hope she wins!
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

+ Reply to Thread