+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Carla - Top Chef: New York

FORT Fogey

Re: Carla - Top Chef: New York

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3247605;
    I, too, like Carla for the same reasons. And she seems authentic. Sometimes, when people are like Carla is, the humanity is feigned - for whatever reason. With Carla, it seems natural and hence real.

So far anyway. I'm usally proven wrong with these types of assessments but for now, I like her a great deal.

Reg. her meals...I think she's doing o.k. so far. I don't think she's knocked socks off anyone yet, but she hasn't landed in the bottom either. And, the judges have been complimentary from time to time.
    I adore this woman! That smile of hers, when she is tickled, is just freaking precious. When Adriane won the Today show challenge she radiated genuine, pure excitment for her friend.

I don't think she can win because they look for that cutting edge innovation and one who goes over the edge. I don't see that in her or not yet, anyway.

I loved the preview of her quote next week, when talking about the guest judge.... "Gail? Oh, Gail?"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3254217;
    When Adriane won the Today show challenge she radiated genuine, pure excitment for her friend.
    I thought the same thing, she really is such a sweet soul. I don't think she'll win either but I hope she knows that there are fans of the show who just love her sparkling personality.

Hootie...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3254280;
    I loved the preview of her quote next week, when talking about the guest judge.... "Gail? Oh, Gail?"
    That, along with Fabio's comment about it being "Top Chef" (not "Top Scallop"), had me cracking up.

FORT Fogey

....Hoot

Hootie?
    Hootie?

Carla has been growing on me this season. She's quite funny and so incredibly sweet.

Hoo.

Carla for Fan Favorite! Hopefully she sticks around for a while so that she'll actually be in contention for the award.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3256545;
    Carla for Fan Favorite! Hopefully she sticks around for a while so that she'll actually be in contention for the award.
    That would be awesome. I really like her a lot. But yeah, don't think she will be in the finale.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Tom did say there was one cheftestant in the finale who he was surprised made it. At first I was thinking Eugene, but now I'm wondering (hoping) that maybe it might be Carla.

Stephan, Hosea, Leah, & Jeff seem to be the ones to beat right now.

But I'd love to see Carla stay because her palate seems better than some (Jamie & Michelle come to mind), and I love her quirky personality.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3257928;
    Tom did say there was one cheftestant in the finale who he was surprised made it. At first I was thinking Eugene, but now I'm wondering (hoping) that maybe it might be Carla.

Stephan, Hosea, Leah, & Jeff seem to be the ones to beat right now.

But I'd love to see Carla stay because her palate seems better than some (Jamie & Michelle come to mind), and I love her quirky personality.
    I hope you are right. I like Carla.

+ Reply to Thread