Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ariane - Top Chef: New York

Ariane - Top Chef: New York

Ariane

HOMETOWN: Verona, NJ

RESIDES IN: Verona, NJ

POSITION: Chef/Owner of CulinAriane in Montclair, NJ

CULINARY EDUCATION: AOS, Culinary Institute of America

FAVORITE SIMPLE RECIPE: Roasted asparagus, artichokes, fava beans and morels on herb goat cheese grilled focaccia

BIO: Ariane is the chef/owner of CulinAriane, a four-star restaurant located in Montclair, N.J. She was inspired to cook at a young age by her grandmothers. After graduating from the Culinary Institute of America, she worked at some of the best restaurants in the country before she and her husband, Michael, opened CulinAriane. While much of her time is spent at her restaurant, she loves spending time with her daughters, especially at the beach. She also enjoys entertaining for family and friends. Her strong belief is that anything can be fixed and to keep smiling.

Top Chef New York - Bios - Official Bravo TV Site
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-22-2008 at 05:50 AM.

Re: Ariane - Top Chef: New York

She's clearly not ready for the competition aspect of Top Chef and it's taking a toll on her mental health if the previews are to be believed.

Not to hammer on this woman, but after the second episode, she is clearly not Top Chef material. It's actually an insult to past Top Chef contestants for them to say, "Look, this woman is the same caliber as you." She is a mess and can't cook her way out of an Easy Bake Oven. I had to roll my eyes when she had everyone taste her dessert. If you can't taste your own dish and decide whether it's a gigantic disaster, you need to go back to Betty Crocker.

FORT Fogey

A poster who has eaten in her restaurant gave it a good review. I have no doubt she can cook and cook well. You need more and different experiences to be on this show and succeed. She is not a good fit for this format. She is up against well traveled and innovative chefs with a broader range of experience. As she said, she has books but has not traveled extensively to aquire a palette necessary to prepare intriguing dishes on the fly.

She can be sent home at any time now. She may be an exceptional cook in her own place but on the show? All I'm seeing is whining and excuse making and a rather sub par performance. Pity because I was prepared to like her and she's that quickly has gotten on my nerves, more so than the EuroChefs.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

her attitude stinks.. yeah im done she can go any time now.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

She won't win, but I could say that about lots of the contestants. I like her and want her to keep going.

She seemed kind of lazy and apathetic last episode.

I don't like her at all...she makes that desert at her restaurant? Yuckiness. She is so small town and small minded. I wonder what the rest of the food in NJ is like if her restaurant is 'four star'. After two stints of being in the bottom..you would have thought the judges would have cut her.

And the lack of traveling? Aren't you a bit curious as to what the rest of the world eats? How do you seek inspiration? How do you innovate?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;3239368;
    I don't like her at all...she makes that desert at her restaurant? Yuckiness. She is so small town and small minded. I wonder what the rest of the food in NJ is like if her restaurant is 'four star'. After two stints of being in the bottom..you would have thought the judges would have cut her.

And the lack of traveling? Aren't you a bit curious as to what the rest of the world eats? How do you seek inspiration? How do you innovate?
    Not any more.

I went to her restaurants site. The menu looks good. I would love to eat there. The NY Times review mentioned it was not an innovative menu but very good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast